We all know that UVM’s meal plan is far from ideal.  About 20 minutes after eating anything from Sodexo, your stomach begins to slowly slink out your body until your system is completely clear.  It’s not a good feeling- but the Sodexo poops are definitely real.  For the best ways to survive the rest of your semester check out these campus favorites:

1. Farmers Breakfast from Brennan’s

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Two eggs, toast, and hashbrowns- sounds pretty dank.  While Brennan’s can sometimes be a hit or miss, I’ve personally never had a complaint with this meal.  It’s perfect for a hangover, and a great way to start the day.

2. The Johnny Crepe from the Skinny Pancake

photo courtesy of foodieasshole.com

When it comes to savory crepes there’s no other option.  The Johnny Crepe is stuffed with caramelized onions, pulled pork, and pure deliciousness.  Yes, it is a bit expensive, but it’s totally worth it.  The Johnny Crepe is a great way to treat yourself when you’re getting sick of the other on campus options.

3. Chicken Thai Wrap from New World

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

If you love peanut sauce then this is the wrap for you.  You can get a vegetarian option if you wish, but I personally never turn down chicken if I can help it.

4. Lake Champlain Chocolates from CAT Pause

Photo courtesy of lakechamplainchocolates.com

Lake Champlain chocolates are crazy delicious and, lucky for us, they’re available on campus- for points no less.

5. Waffle Bars

photo by Niamh Maddock

At Cook, and often the Grundle, there are waffle bars open so you can make you’re very own fresh waffle anytime you swipe in.  This is my go-to when I’m running low on points, because waffles are always delicious.  Always. 

6. Sweet Potato Fries from Brennan’s

Photo by Niamh Maddock

Cheap, delicious, and affordable- for only three dollars you can get a s**t ton of fries.

7. Donuts from the Marchetechtimes.com

Photo courtesy of donutdb.com

I love donuts, ask anyone, I LOVE donuts.  And lemme tell you, the pre-packaged glazed donuts offered at the Marche are a sweet surprise that I would recommend to everyone.  If you get them on a good day they have a hint of lemon in them.  Yes, these are the same donuts you find at pretty much every gas station ever, but still, they’re delicious.

8. The Crepedilla from the Skinny Pancake

Photo by Niamh Maddock

Yes I realize that half of this list is simply crepes, but the Crepedilla is honestly to die for.  Filled with delicious guacamole, tomatoes, chicken and tons of other delicious ingredients this crepe is so good and super filling.

9.The Heartbreaker Crepe from the Skinny Pancake

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Nutella, strawberries, bananas, and whipped cream is the golden combination.  And this crepe is crazy delicious.  While it’s not super cheap Skinny P definitely has more expensive options, and besides this crepe is so delicious it’s totally worth the money (and the calories).

10. Just a good ol’ PB&J

Photo courtesy of foodcount.coom

Not even Sodexo can ruin a PB&J.  Plus you can find them anywhere on campus and they’re only two dollars.