Movie quotes are fun, but they’re even more fun when they’re about food. We live and breathe food here at Spoon, so it only makes sense that we’re going to quote movies by following this theme. Ranging from cinematic classics to early 2000’s teenage dramas, these quotes are sure to make you laugh, reminisce on some of your old favorite films, or reach for a snack. Enjoy.

1. Parent Trap

movie

Photo courtesy of theodysseyonline.com

This movie is pure cinematic gold. We were blessed with two pre-teen Lindsay Lohans, an exciting summer camp, a very flawed plan to bring these twins’ parents back together, and the most epic handshake of all time.

The scene where Hallie and Annie are trapped in the isolation cabin and bond over peanut butter and Oreos is what everyone secretly wishes would happen at sleep-away camp: delicious food and a long-lost twin? Score. Try these Oreo recipes for some Parent Trap-inspired fun.

2. Mean Girls

movie

GIF courtesy of bdawnfit.com

Because this line is a little more appropriate than “is your muffin buttered?” Mean Girls taught us the rules of female friendships, which go beyond wearing pink on Wednesdays to supporting each other and putting slut-shaming on mute. That is so fetch.

3. She’s the Man

movie

Let’s take a moment to throw it back to Amanda Bynes’s acting days. She’s the Man challenged gender roles and social norms, and we watched Viola try to please her debutant mother. Viola’s love of Gouda cheese and secret crush on Duke (Channing Tatum) make this movie a must-see.

4. Elf

movie

GIF courtesy of uk.pinterest.com

This is arguably one of the most quotable movies of our time. Buddy the Elf is bound to put you in the holiday spirit no matter what time of year it is, and his sugary diet is one for the books. If you want to take notes from Buddy on how to incorporate sugar into each meal, check out these ways to eat candy for breakfast. True health.

5. Napoleon Dynamite

movie

2004 was a great year for ligers, solo dance performances, and tater tots. Napoleon taught us to do “whatever we feel like, gosh,” and to be true to ourselves. Learn how to up your tater tot game with this bacon grilled cheese recipe.

6. Forrest Gump

movie

Photo courtesy of iconicinspiration.com

Truth be told I’ve never actually seen Forrest Gump — I know, I know I’m way behind on my movie watching — but I have still heard this line tossed around in everyday speech. If you’re inspired to make your own bite-size chocolate goodies, try out some dark chocolate avocado truffles. You’ll know exactly what you’re going to get.

7. A Cinderella Story

movie

Photo courtesy of lovelyish.com

Hilary Duff slayed in this modern day twist on the classic fairy tale Cinderella. Hilz plays Sam, who is taught and then teaches others what it really means to be true to yourself. She doesn’t put up with that mean clique trying to tear her down, or her stepmom who replaces the cozy diner Sam’s father owned with tacky decorations, sushi and donuts.

8. High School Musical

movie

GIF courtesy of playbuzz.com

And we can’t forget his créme brûlée. “It’s a creamy, custard-like filling with a caramelized surface.” We support you and your baking, Zeke, and encourage you to keep challenging that status quo.

9. Finding Nemo

movie

GIF courtesy of reddit.com

An important message. Bruce proves to all of us how important willpower is, and there is no denying the animated masterpiece that is Finding Nemo. If this quote ironically made you crave some sushi, learn how to master it in 60 minutes.

10. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

movie

A childhood cartoon classic. Snow White challenges the idea that “an apple a day will keep the doctor away.” But, ya know, maybe you’ll get your prince charming. So eating a poisoned apple could be worth it??

11. Juno

movie

Photo courtesy of quirkyjones.wordpress.com

Juno and Bleeker are actually a perfect couple. However awkward they are individually, they work when they’re together. Through pregnancy and the adoption process, we wind up with a happy couple who goes together like mac and cheese.

12. Shrek

movie

Photo courtesy of hlntv.com

“Ogres have layers, onions have layers… you get it? We both have layers.” To be fair, I would probably snap at Donkey if I had to travel far, far away with him for days on end, too. You can’t deny, though, that everybody loves a parfait.

13. Miss Congeniality

movie

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Sandra Bullock is hangry. You’re not you when you’re hungry. Have a Snickers. Or take notes from Gracie Hart and pack some doughnuts in your bra before you de-bomb a pageant show. Either works.

14. Ice Age

movie

Please buff up on your movie knowledge if you didn’t recognize this one. Ice Age is one of my favorite movies, and I quote it at every opportunity that I have. With summer not so far away, it’s time to stuff yourself with melons. Or opt for some honeydew mojitos — your choice.

15. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

movie

Photo courtesy of twitter.com/PotterMemory

Never stop eating. Ron knows that in times of stress, sometimes eating in the best option. Plus, a bottemless buffet in the Great Hall sounds too good to pass up.