Before coming to college, we were all told to prepare for the inedible dining hall food. Here’s a PSA: dining hall food actually isn’t that bad—especially when you have dining halls like Palladium. Salmon may not count as a meal exchange, but sometimes being the broke and hungry-as-f*ck college students we are, we’ve got to put our first-world problems aside and enjoy the dining hall for what it’s worth. Here are some totally relatable moments you’ve probably experienced when eating at Palladium.
1. Palladium just opened for meal service and you just wanna be first in line to the salad bar.
2. When the salad bar doesn’t have mushrooms or corn.
3. But they do have asparagus.
4. You’re so hungry and the options are overwhelming.
5. When you walk in and see that it’s pasta bar day again.
6. When you ask your friend if you should get pizza.
7. Eyeing that last salmon nigiri like…
8. When the global station is finally something other than cornbread and rotisserie chicken.
9. When Indian food is out of the question.
10. When the grill station has no line.
11. When the toaster at the sandwich station is broken.
12. Feeling healthy because you got a salad after working out.
13. When people are trying all sorts of soda combos at the beverage station.
14. When the cashier is skeptical when you tell him you didn’t get salmon.
15. Getting judged for taking the elevator downstairs.