When was the last time you thought about the amount of fiber in your diet? Yeah, its been a long time for me, too. Our bodies have been missing out on a lot since fiber is known to help maintain bowel health, control blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol levels, and much more. Here are some foods that you should eat to keep your fiber levels high and healthy:

1. Oatmeal

Fiber

Photo by Christin Urso

Oats are a great way to get fiber into your diet. Cooked oatmeal has about 4 grams of fiber per serving. Here’s a few amazing oatmeal recipes to start your day with.

2. Raspberries

Fiber

Photo by Christin Urso

You know those little seeds you taste in raspberries? Those seeds are very high in fiber. One cup of these berries gives you about 8 grams of fiber. Here’s a good yogurt fruit parfait recipe to add as many raspberries as you please.

3. Barley

Fiber

Photo courtesy of patagoniaprovisions.com

Barley has about 6 grams of fiber per serving when cooked. Add some barely into your next dinner for some added fiber.

4. Lentils

Fiber

Photo by Christin Urso

These legumes are a must-have for fiber freaks. Lentils have about 15 grams of fiber per serving.

5. Whole Wheat Pasta

Fiber

Photo by Abigail Wang

Trading in regular pasta for whole wheat adds twice as much as fiber into your meal. Whole wheat pasta has about 6 grams of fiber per serving, and it’s a great way to get whole grains into your dinner, as well. Here are some great dishes you can make with whole wheat pasta.

6. Bananas

Fiber

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Bananas are one of the best fruits to eat when it comes to fiber. Bananas have about 3 grams per fruit. Try adding them to your oatmeal to have a fiber-packed breakfast.

7. Artichokes

Fiber

Photo by Natsuko Mazany

Who would’ve thought these little guys would have so much fiber in them? They have about 10 grams of fiber per serving and are only 65 calories.

8. Broccoli

Fiber

Photo by Kristine Mahan

Broccoli has about 5 grams of fiber per cup. Time to munch on these bad boys more, starting with this easy chicken and broccoli recipe.

9. Beans

Fiber

Photo by Kelda Baljon

Beans have some of the highest concentrations of fiber of all foods. With a whopping 12 to 19 grams per serving, they’re a great way to include more fiber into your diet.This black bean and corn chili is a tasty meal you can make to get some more fiber for the day.

10. Turnips

Fiber

Photo courtesy of en.wikipedia.org

Turnips have 5 grams of fiber per serving in them. Don’t know what to make with your turnips? Don’t worry, we got you.

11. Green Peas

Fiber

Photo by Jenny Georgieva

Green peas are a great and easy way to add more fiber to a meal. Green peas have about 9 grams of fiber per cup.

12. Winter Squash

Fiber

Photo by Kendra Valkema

Winter squash has about 6 grams of fiber per serving. Try some nice winter squash soup on a cold day or trade your regular pasta in for some winter squash noodles.

13. Bran Flakes

Fiber

Photo courtesy of en.wikipedia.org

There’s a reason why your grandparents eat these for breakfast. Bran flakes have about 5.5 grams of fiber per serving. Time to put down the Frosted Flakes and pick up a box of grandma’s go-to morning meal. Bonus: add some raisins to get even more fiber!

14. Almonds

Fiber

Photo by Torey Walsh

Almonds have about 4 grams of fiber per ounce (approximately 24 nuts). Add some almonds to a morning snack or much on them on their own to get some more fiber during your day.

15. Popcorn

Fiber

Photo by Kirby Barth

Popcorn isn’t completely unhealthy. Per serving, popcorn has about 4 grams of fiber and only 90 calories when air popped and not dowsed in butter. Now, you have an excuse to eat as much popcorn as you please the next time you’re watching a movie.