Any Texas native knows there are some things we do better than most, one of those things is definitely food. It’s hard being away from the Lone Star State for a number of reasons, but especially when you’re craving a taste of Texas. Here are a few of the foods that remind we Texans that there’s no place like home:

Texas BBQ

Texas

Photo courtesy of @merberher on Instagram

Beef brisket is not only a staple in Texas BBQ, but a staple in our hearts.

Queso

Texas

Photo courtesy of @torchystacos on Instagram

No, not cheese dip. QUESO.

Tacos

Texas

Photo courtesy of @diamond.swish on Instagram

Being on the Mexican border has blessed us in many ways, but mostly because we get to eat delicious, authentic tacos.

Whataburger

Texas

Photo courtesy of @katepetezz on Instagram

The holy grail of fast food. Where else can you get a honey butter chicken biscuit after a night out? Or chicken fingers with a side of gravy?

Tex-Mex

Texas

Photo courtesy of @bethkim89 on Instagram

Tex-Mex is pretty much when Mexican food meets southern comfort. How could you go wrong with that?

Jalapeños

Texas

Photo courtesy of @nilesmiles on Instagram

Texans have incorporated jalapeños into southern cooking in different ways. Jalapeño corn bread, jalapeño poppers, and more. We can handle the heat, and we love it.

Cajun Food

Texas

Photo courtesy of @josephkeith on Instagram

As neighbors of Louisiana, we love incorporating Cajun style foods into our diet. Can you even count how many crawfish boils you’ve been to?

Comfort Food

Texas

Photo courtesy of @elcaminobbq on Instagram

As all southerners know, good southern comfort food can only be attained in the South. Leaving Texas for the North may cause some withdrawal symptoms from: biscuits and gravy, chicken fried steak, grits, and more.

Fried Green Tomatoes

Texas

Photo courtesy of @bunboyeats on Instagram

Life-changing.

Shipley’s

Texas

Photo courtesy of @neuronrelation on Instagram

The best donuts in the world. Fact.

Texas Chili

Texas

Photo courtesy of @valentinastexmexbbq on Instagram

You know it’s winter when your mom has a pot of chili on the stove.

Pecan Pie

Texas

Photo courtesy of @goodecobbq on Instagram

Texas pecan pie is heaven-sent.

Blue Bell Ice Cream

Texas

Photo courtesy of @mrswingnut2016 on Instagram

When Blue Bell was recalled last year, it was easily one of the hardest times for any Texan. No ice cream can compete with our precious Blue Bell.

Breakfast Tacos

Texas

Photo courtesy of @jstrell on Instagram

Because eggs in a tortilla is a good idea. Why doesn’t the rest of the country get it?

Sweet Tea

Texas

Photo courtesy of @bettymaepascual on Instagram

Not a food, I know, but still important to list. Iced tea with sugar is not the same thing as sweet tea, it simply will not suffice.

You better thank your lucky stars you’re from Texas.