True confession: When you first heard that there was a podcast called Serial, you were secretly hoping that it was actually about cereal. Don’t worry, though, because there are tons of food podcasts out there that are just as obsessed with food as you are. Here’s what to listen to on your walk to class.

1. The Dinner Party Download

podcast

Image courtesy of wesa.fm

The Dinner Party Download is a humorous podcast hosted by Rico Gagliano and Brendan Francis Newnam that features celebrity guests, including Bill Nye the Science Guy. It doesn’t really teach you how to cook besides a few themed cocktail recipes, but it will teach you some great conversation starters for your next dinner party.

2. Bon Appétit Foodcast

Image courtesy of bonappetit.com

Bon Appétit’s Foodcast is the podcast version of the magazine — high quality food advice meets the accessibility of the podcast. This foodcast keeps you from burning down your kitchen with food advice and recipes, and offers an inside look at the food industry through interviews with chefs around the country.

3. Spilled Milk

Image courtesy of blog.libsyn.com

Podcasts don’t always have to be so serious. Comedy writers Molly Wizenberg and Matthew Amster-Burton start off Spilled Milk talking about a specific food, such as frozen yogurt or apples, but normally end up talking about something totally different, such as Disney rides to failed dates.  

4. America’s Test Kitchen Radio

Image courtesy of wabe.org

America’s Test Kitchen Radio is the perfect way to pick up some cooking tips from the best chefs around the world. It gives you incredibly detailed cooking advice, from what equipment to use to weird cooking techniques. It’s kind of like the Good Eats of podcasts.

5. Burnt Toast

Image courtesy of food52.com

Burnt Toast is a cute and witty bimonthly podcast from Food52 about food culture, featuring famous foodie guests and a few cooking tips. Each episode lasts around 25 minutes, so it’s great to listen to while prepping a quick and easy weeknight dinner.

6. Food Psych

Image courtesy of christyharrison.com

Food Psych is a little more serious than these other podcasts because it focuses on people and their relationships with food. Though it’s serious, it’s worth sticking around for since it’ll tell you about the science of eating disorders, addiction, body image, and a few general tips to living a little healthier. And you don’t have to be a Psychology major to understand it.

7. The Sporkful

Image courtesy of wbez.org

Even though Spoon University’s preferred utensil is the spoon, we’ll gladly make an exception when it comes to listening to The Sporkful. You’ll never get tired of this podcast since each episode can be about anything, including eating in the shower, eating string cheese, and office fridge food thefts.

8. Start Cooking

If you’re new to cooking, Start Cooking is a great video podcast to start learning from. It gives you a strong cooking foundation by teaching you how to make basic foods, such as fried rice and brownies. With Start Cooking and Spoon University, you’ll be on MasterChef in no time.

9. Food Is The New Rock

Image courtesy of foodisthenewrock.com

Ever wondered what talking to musicians about food and chefs about music would be like? Zach Brooks and Chuck P have done that, presenting the unlikely combination through their weekly podcast, Food Is The New Rock.

10. The Menu

Image courtesy of monocle.com

The Menu is the classy podcast version of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. While Guy Fieri doesn’t host the podcast, The Menu takes you on a food tour of restaurants around the world, from chocolate in San Francisco to Mexican food in South Korea.

11. Cat & Cloud: Coffee Podcast

Image courtesy of catandcloud.com

Try switching up your morning routine by listening to Cat & Cloud’s Coffee Podcast along with your morning coffee. It’s a podcast run by two ~*award winning*~ baristas, Chris Baca and Jared Truby, who give advice on good coffee. Seriously, they’re even finalists at the United States Barista Championship (yes, that’s actually a thing).

12. The Alton Browncast

Image courtesy of thebrowncast.com

If anyone can make a great podcast, it’s Alton Brown. In his “Browncast” he talks with guests that are mostly in the food industry about cooking and takes calls from listeners. Basically, if you like Alton Brown, you’ll love The Alton Browncast.

13. Nom Nom Paleo

Image courtesy of nomnompaleo.com

Even if you’re not following the Paleo lifestyle, you should still give Nom Nom Paleo Podcast a listen. The podcast is hosted by Michelle Tam and Henry Fong and features their two sons. You can lean a lot from this podcast, including healthy lifestyle advice, food recommendations, recipes, and their thoughts on different food trends.

14. KCRW’s Good Food

Image courtesy of kcrw.com

Learn more about food and culture with Evan Kleiman and his podcast, KCRW’s Good Food. It will take you on a tour of bizarre restaurants around Los Angeles. And, it was one of the first food podcasts ever.

15. The Splendid Table

Image courtesy of splendidtable.com

The Splendid Table, hosted by Lynne Rossetto Kasper, is a podcast that celebrates food. It’s one hour long, and it comes out every Friday, basically a perfect time to worship food. Kasper invites guests to the show and talks about diverse food topics, from GMOs to eating on $4 a day.