From the runway to her West Village kitchen, Karlie Kloss has weaved some words of wisdom for us mere mortals to appreciate. Some notable achievements that may have granted her some quotable moments include: international Vogue covers (34 as of last year), a successful YouTube channel and a cookie collab with Milk Bar. All of these accomplishments make it hard to remember the supermodel is only 23. That’s most of us one year after we graduate.
With a “Kode with Klossy” coding program currently underway as her latest project, Kloss knows a thing or two about killing the game. Here are some quotes to keep in mind as you’re making your way through your daily grind:
1. “Coffee is a gift from the heavens.”
2. “If you believe in yourself and feel confident in yourself, you can do anything. I really believe that.”
We all need this reminder every now and then.
3. “I never imagined myself doing this. Doors opened for me and I ran for it.”
Me, when late for class.
4. “Whenever I have even a spare second, I’m in the kitchen whipping up a batch of cookies. I make a mean batch of chocolate chippers.”
If Karlie can jet-set to China and carve out time to make a mean batch of chocolate chippers, so can you. Also adding “chippers” to my baking vocabulary, who’s with me?
5. “I wasn’t going to nightclubs, parties, or bars…I was doing my homework, pouring energy into making things for other people.”
Not everyone is looking forward to the “club goin’ up on a Tuesday.” Do your own thing and don’t feel pressured by college stereotypes; it’s more than okay to bake vegan peanut butter cookies on a Saturday night.
6. “Wear colorful things, life is too short to always wear black.”
Channel your inner Karlie and don’t be afraid of a pop of color.
7. “Always keep chocolate in your bag.” (and similarly) “Never trust airplane food.”
8. “Making mistakes can be the best experiences to learn from.”
Keep this in mind after those Thirsty Thursday shenanigans.
9. “My favorite thing about fall is the food. It’s all about the food.”
That says a lot about someone who’s walked in every fall New York Fashion Week since her first strut for Calvin Klein in 2007. Nine years of modeling has nothing on Apple Crisp.
10. “It’s important to take a minute in your day and take care of yourself.”
Said en route to a facial session, but hey, make a DIY facial in your dorm room and do the same.
11. “My favorite place to eat is my grandma’s kitchen.”
Same Karlie, same. Homemade is always the way.
12. “Whether it’s sister to sister or friend to friend, helping pull one another up is a much better trend than pulling one another down.”
Being supportive is the new black.
13. “No matter what problem you face, you can always find a way to overcome it through creativity and grit.”
As one YouTube commenter said, her voice is like a “guided meditation” and these quotes are your new mantras.