April Fools’ Day is all about having fun and pranking friends, and there is no better way than to do it with food. Here are some funny fake-out foods to trick your friends on the April Fool’s Day.

1. Cheesy Carrots

fake foods

Photo courtesy of shewearsmanyhats.com

Fake out friends with this fun cheese carrot recipe that makes carrots out of cream cheese, and makes it look believable too. Serve it before dinner or with dinner for a tasty fake-out treat with friends.

2. Meatloaf Cupcakes

fake foods

Photo courtesy of courtneyssweets.com

This April Fools’ Day meatloaf cupcake recipe is made out of ground beef and topped with mashed potato buttercream. Add some gravy for the frosting or stuff the cupcake with mozzarella for added sweetness. This fake-out meatloaf cupcake will trick and surprise anyone.

3. Pigs in a Blanket

fake foods

Photo courtesy of diaryofamadhausfrau.com

Here’s an amazing fake-out recipe that will trick anyone who knows a good pigs-in-a-blanket dish. This fake sausage recipe calls for marzipan, sugar cookie dough, simple syrup and food coloring. It’s a perfect (and delicious) trick for any friend.

4. Cereal Fakeout

fake foods

Photo courtesy of thekitchn.com

This may look like a regular bowl of cereal but this fake-out cereal is really cauliflower soup with garam masala-spiced toasted O’s. After faking out your friend with a pretend bowl of cereal, you can still enjoy this yummy Indian dish as a snack. It’s perfect for April Fools’ Day because who doesn’t want to start the day with a nice bowl of toasted O’s?

5. Donut Sandwich

fake foods

Photo courtesy of Levi Brown on foodnetwork.com

This doughnut sandwhich recipe is a fake-out on the classic bagel and lox combo. The doughnut is actually a plain cake doughnut cut in half with honey and toffee bits on top. The filling is thinly cut papaya with a cream cheese spread. This fake breakfast dish will definitely make for a good laugh.

6. Oreos With Toothpaste

fake foods

Photo courtesy of lifeatwillowcottage.blogspot.com

This trick of making rOreos stuffed with toothpaste is very tricky and makes for the ultimate prank. All you have to do is scrape the frosting off with a knife, replace it with white toothpaste and then put the Oreo back together. It really resembles an Oreo, and as it says on the recipe website, should not be eaten.

7. Mashed Potato Sundae

fake foods

Photo courtesy of bakeat350.blogspot.com

This mashed potato fake sundae recipe is sure to give someone a mouthful of surprise. The mashed potatoes look exactly like vanilla ice cream and the gravy looks a lot like caramel. It is super easy to make and will also make a great fake-out on April Fool’s Day.

8. “Grilled Cheese”

fake foods

Photo courtesy of Laura on food.com

This fake grilled cheese sandwhich recipe has an uncanny resemblance to a real grilled cheese sandwich. With white frosting, food coloring and pound cake this “grilled cheese” is sweeter and tastier than the real snack. Get ready to see someone cheesin’ after taking a bite of this delicious fake-out treat.

9. Fake Chicken Nuggets

fake foods

Photo courtesy of tasteofhome.com

This fake chicken nugget recipe is really dinner disguised as desssert. With sugar, pound cake, corn syrup and peanuts it makes an easy fake-out dish look almost perfect. Go the extra mile and make the dipping sauce out of vanilla pudding, dark corn syrup and optional food coloring.

10. Candy Onion Rings

fake foods

Photo courtesy of tasteofhome.com

This fake onion ring recipe is made solely out of candy and no doubt, is delicious. It’s the ultimate surprise for someone expecting a fried onion, to take a bite and taste a twizzler. This recipe calls for only 4 easy ingredients: Twizzlers Rainbow Twists, licorice pastels, white candy coating and graham cracker crumbs. This recipe feeds 10 people, so whip up this fun fakeout treat and have a real April Fools’ Day party.

11. Peach Donut

fake foods

Photo courtesy of healthykids.com

Donuts never tasted so good. Skip the fat and dough and opt instead for this fake-out donut recipe that uses real peaches. Cover the peaches with yogurt and top them with granola, sprinkes or cinnamon sugar. This is a yummy and healthy fakeout food that will be good for any day or night of the week.

12. Faux Buffalo Wings

fake foods

Photo courtesy of partypinching.com

This faux buffalo wing treat is made out of Rice Krisipies treats, tangerine juice, food coloring and marshmellow sauce. The best part is that to make it all you have to do is stick it in the microwave. It’s easy, fun, delicious and a worthy fake-out.

13. Pizza Cake

fake foods

Photo courtesy of kidsfunreviewed.com

This fake pizza recipe is actually a cake topped with candy toppings. First bake the cake mix and then add on pizza-like toppings: strawberry jelly for the tomato sauce, shredded white chocolate for the parmesian cheese, fruit roll-ups circles for the pepperoni and green gummy candy for green peppers. You can also use this recipe as a birthday cake for the ultimate pizza lover.