Unless you’re at a frozen yogurt shop this summer, you might be disappointed by your local ice cream stand’s topping choices. Oh, wow guys sprinkles… Life-changing. But if you’re at home and attempting to dress up plain old vanilla ice cream, we can hook you up.

1. Lemon and Mint

ice cream

Photo by Grace Bodkin

Take creamy vanilla and make it refreshing. Add fresh mint and the zest of a lemon to make it feel and taste tropical. The texture is also really unique.

2. Oreos and Peanut Butter

ice cream

Photo by Grace Bodkin

Cookies and cream is nothing new to the ice cream world. And based off The Parent Trap, neither is peanut butter and Oreo. However, when you add both to your ice cream, you’re in for an awesome flava.

3. Instant Espresso Powder

ice cream

Photo by Grace Bodkin

This wonderful creation is typically found in tiramisu, but if you love everything coffee, it’s perfect for your ice cream. The instant qualities let it absorb into the ice cream and create a super rich dessert. Don’t have this powder? Ground coffee beans will also do the trick.

4. Cinnamon Toast Crunch

ice cream

Photo by Grace Bodkin

I believe this cereal, with its utter sweetness and perfect texture, was born to be paired with ice cream. Cinnamon Toast Crunch adds flavor and crunch without getting soggy or breaking your teeth. This might be the best breakfast ever.

5. Toasted Day-Old Croissants

ice cream

Photo by Maddy Shannon

Hear us out on this one. Day-old croissants make an excellent pairing for sooo many things. The flakey texture and buttery flavor are the perfect complements to creamy vanilla ice cream. For an extra kick, add raspberry preserves or any kind of sweetened fruit.

6. Molasses and Granola

ice cream

Photo by Grace Bodkin

Whether it’s blackstrap (the real deal) or Grandma’s (for the sweet-lovers), molasses has an amazing flavor that should not be limited to cookies. Drizzle a little over ice cream to create an awesome color and taste, and throw on a handful of granola for crunch.

7. Wasabi

ice cream

Photo by Grace Bodkin

This flavor combination is strange, but GOOD. Don’t discount wasabi – the spicy nature pairs well with creamy flavors (think: avocado in sushi) making this a neat ice cream experience.

8. Barbecue Chips

ice cream

Photo by Grace Bodkin

If you like the salty-sweet combo, you probably love barbecue chips. But when that taste is added to creamy cold ice cream? Heaven. Chips also make an awesome topping thanks to their texture. Next time you’re stuck with the crushed bottom of the bag, consider adding them to the top of your sundae.

9. Rice Krispie Treats

ice cream

Photo by Grace Bodkin

Rice krispie treats add a unique crunch and marshmallow flavor to ice cream, creating a mini rocky road kinda flavor. Make sure to try chocolate flavored krispie treats as well.

10. Coconut Milk Whipped Cream

ice cream

Photo courtesy of girlsmakefood.com

If you follow vegan trends, you may have stumbled across this recipe for coconut milk whipped cream. It’s easily made with the meat of a coconut milk can. Consider topping a rich and flavorful chocolate variety with this non-dairy wonder for a major flavor hit.

11. Cracker Jacks and Pretzels

ice cream

Photo by Grace Bodkin

Pretzels and Cracker Jacks add the perfect amount of sweetness balanced with some salt. This combo is crunchy and satisfying. Yes.

12. Bacon and Nutella

ice cream

Photo by Lucy Rubin

People are normally die hard fans of bacon desserts or just grossed out by them. While it’s not ideal for everyone, the smoky and salty flavor of bacon goes great with sweet cream and Nutella. Give it a try and possibly pass it off as a meal?