I feel like I'm cheating on my one true love with this post, and I pray that IHOP can forgive me as I introduce you to the 12 best international breakfast recipes when you're tired of pancakes. 

Palatschinken

cake, jam, bread, flour, sweet, dough, pastry
Shannon Peters

What crêpes did for France, paltschinken did for Austria.

Cheese-Stuffed Potato Latkes

chicken
Kristen Kornbluth

I've long held the belief that potatoes are appropriate at any time of day, and this Jewish latke recipe proves it. (Fun fact: latkes are actually inspired by Italian pancakes. Buon appetito.)

Japanese Pancakes

cream, sweet, cake
Clayton Hribar

You may be tired of plain old American pancakes so why not shake things up a bit with these über-fluffy Japanese pancakes?

Baileys Hazelnut Brioche French Toast

honey, bread, pastry, syrup, toast, cake, sweet, french toast
Ellen Gibbs

À la la...the decadence simply oozes off the page with this decadent french toast recipe. Treat yo' self and yo' tastebuds. 

Japanese Iced Coffee

liquor, espresso, ice, tea, coffee
Ming-Ray Liao

Not a breakfast person? More of a how-much-caffeine-can-I-get-in-me-as-quickly-as-possible person? Fret not, there is a way to upgrade your morning coffee run. Introducing Japanese Iced Coffee.

Cheese and Sausage Quiche

tomato, meat, sauce, pizza, cheese, vegetable
Oriana Abreu

You've heard of breakfast for dinner, now introducing dinner for breakfast. Indulge your heart away with this take on the classic French pastry: cheese and sausage quiche.

Dutch Apple Pancakes

cheese, cake, sweet, dairy product, pie, pastry
Danielle Chen

So this one might be a bit of a cheat, but you can't go wrong with pancakes that look like a slice of pie. These Dutch apple pancakes won't disappoint- it's against their fluffy nature.

Banana Churros

pastry, bread
Katie Elliott

First brought to Europe from China, churros are experiencing something of a renaissance, and this writer is here. for. it. Give yourself a reason to smile tomorrow morning with this banana churros recipe.

Oatmeal Bread

bun, dough, flour, wheat, bread
Anne Kramer

Take your taste buds on a morning trip through Scotland with this oatmeal bread recipe--no kilt necessary, although readily encouraged.

Healthy Egg McMuffin

cake, cream
Taylor Villanueva

If you'd like to stay firmly within the bounds of the USA, try this healthy knockoff of a McDonald's Egg McMuffin. Easier on your waistline and your wallet. 

Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze

gif
Vernell Dunams

Hop across the pond to the UK if for only a moment when you bite into one of these homemade glazed blueberry scones. Don't forget the tea.

Bacon, Egg, & Mac n' Cheese

cheese, egg, bacon
Lisa Russo

An undoubtedly Ron Swanson-approved breakfast, this all-American bacon, egg, and mac n' cheese recipe will have you leaping out of bed for a taste.

Are you ready to take an international breakfast tour? The next time you're tired of the same-old, same-old, give one of these recipes a whirl. A trip for your taste buds, no passport required.