As far as desserts goes, certain flavors seem to rule all. We all know and love everything and anything containing copious amounts of chocolate chips, will devour whatever is globbed with peanut butter, and don’t have to think twice about a treat with oozy, gooey caramel.

Amongst all the crowd favorites stands an underdog that deserves a lot more recognition: butterscotch. Filled with brown sugar and buttery goodness, it’s about time butterscotch got its own time in the spotlight.

So move over, chocolate – here are 11 recipes that will have you falling in love with the heartthrob that is butterscotch.

1. Browned Butter, Bacon and Butterscotch Chip Cookies

Butterscotch

Photo by Annie Trimber

Because we all know bacon makes everything better. These cookies are the perfect combination of everything you love most.

#SpoonTip: Try them sandwiched with No-Churn Butterscotch Ice Cream for butterscotchception.

2. Butterscotch-Dipped Pretzels

Butterscotch

Photo by Emma Delaney

There’s never been a better combination of sweet and salty than this recipe. Slather this sauce on everything and anything, not just pretzels.

3. Microwave Cereal Snack Bars with Butterscotch Topping

Butterscotch

Photo by Sharpay Zhang

Cereal doesn’t have to be just for breakfast and butterscotch doesn’t have to just be for dessert. Up your snack time game with these microwaveable cereal snack bars

4. Butterbeer Cupcakes

Butterscotch

Photo by Jayna Goldstein

What could be better than a refreshing glass of Butterbeer you ask? The answer is butterbeer cupcakes. One bite and you’ll feel like the next Chosen One.

5. Butterscotch Monkey Bread

Butterscotch

Photo courtesy of halfbakedharvest.com

Fluffy, sugary bread and butterscotch? Yeah, sounds like a great combo to me. You’ll go bananas for this butterscotch monkey bread.

6. Scotcheroo Muddy Buddies

Butterscotch

Photo courtesy of somethingswanky.com

As if muddy buddies weren’t addicting enough, add butterscotch to the mix and they become irresistible. Make this heavenly treat and the batch will be gone before you can even say “butterscotch.”

7. No-Churn Butterscotch Ice Cream

Butterscotch

Photo courtesy of bakedbyanintrovert.com

I scream, you scream, we’re all screaming for butterscotch ice cream. Make a second batch of this salted caramel no-churn ice cream and you’ve found yourself a true match made in heaven.

8. Butterscotch Pudding

Butterscotch

Photo courtesy of browneyedbaker.com

Don’t listen to the haters. Whip up some of this butterscotch pudding and prove to everyone that you can never be too old for pudding.

9. Butterscotch Blondie Gooey Bars

Butterscotch

Photo courtesy of crazyforcrust.com

Now don’t get me wrong, your typical brownies and blondies are fine just the way they are. But if dessert bars went to high school, these butterscotch blondie gooey bars would be the most popular girl in school.

10. Butterscotch Haystacks

Butterscotch

Photo courtesy of shugarysweets.com

Need a quick and easy butterscotch fix? These no-bake haystacks are the perfect snack to take a little butterscotch with you anywhere you go.

11. Butterscotch Peanut Butter Fudge

Butterscotch

Photo courtesy of somethingswanky.com

You can whip up these two-ingredient treats in no time. Or if you’re feeling a bit healthier, try adding butterscotch to this peanut butter freezer fudge.