Protein snacks are great for gym junkies or those just looking for more nutritious alternatives to their favorite foods. Here are 11 things to make with protein powder that that taste so good, you won’t miss the real deal.

1. Protein Shake

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Let’s start with the most basic and obvious protein snack: the good ol’ protein shake. You can get creative with them, instead of just using plain water and protein powder. Here are some ways to up your protein shake game.

2. Parfait

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Since you have the control over what goes into your parfait, it doesn’t have to be sugary and additive-filled. Instead, use these healthy recipes as inspiration.

#SpoonTip: For maximum protein status, use plain nonfat Greek yogurt and sweeten it with stevia.

3. Protein Mug Cake

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Single-serving recipes are the best, since you don’t have to worry about using any self-control. This single-serving protein mug cake ensures that you can have your cake and still get shredded. I’m addicted to this recipe and eat it almost every night.

4. Protein Ice Cream

Photo by Hana Brannigan

If you are lazy don’t have time or the energy, they sell protein ice cream, like Halo Top, at health food stores. Unlike some other brands out there, Halo Top actually tastes like real ice cream — and it’s only 240-280 calories per pint. If you want to try to make it at home, there are a ton of great recipes using mainly protein powder.

5. Protein Brownies

Photo by Hana Brannigan

As you have probably noticed, I have a huge sweet tooth. Finding every single way to recreate a protein dessert is what I do in my free time. You would think nothing can compare to a real, gooey, moist brownie, but this recipe will make you think twice. An added bonus is that it doesn’t require protein powder.

6. Protein Cookies

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Another dessert one. Surprised yet? There are so many takes on protein cookies because cookies are just irresistible. Here’s a recipe that only uses one ingredient, which is one of the best protein bars on the market right now. If you’re feeling a little fancier, though, here are no-bake, allergen-friendly cookies you cake make. They’re so easy to put in a Ziploc and bring to school, too.

7. Eggs

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Eggs are high in protein and healthy fats that you can have for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can do so many different things with them, too, which makes eggs the perfect versatile ingredient.

8. Protein Bread

Photo by Hana Brannigan

No, this is not a dream. Carbs have a bad rep, and while you shouldn’t avoid them, if you’re looking for a quick snack without too many carbs, this recipe will blow your mind.

9. Protein Pancakes

Photo by Hana Brannigan

This a great dish to start your morning. You’ll be satisfied from the amount of protein in these, and it’ll be the most amazing breakfast you’ve had in a long time. Here’s a recipe that you can make with your favorite brand of protein powder. If you don’t have protein powder, you can still make some bomb protein pancakes with this recipe.

10. Protein Waffles

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Literally the same thing as protein pancakes, but in waffle form. Sometimes those little holes and crispiness make all the difference.

#SpoonTip: Make it even more protein-packed by making a savory waffle dish with eggs and bacon.

11. Protein Bar

Photo courtesy of @healthnutlife on Instagram

We started with a typical protein option, and now we end with the basic go-to protein bar. Not all protein bars are created equal, though. My favorite are Quest Bars because they don’t have much sugar, are made with recognizable ingredients, and are full of protein. They taste amazing on their own or in other delectable treats.