There are some kitchen appliances that just make sense to have, even if they aren’t exactly necessary: waffle irons, sandwich presses, food processors, and even ice cream makers, because you really can’t beat the taste of freshly churned ice cream. That being said, it’s always best to have homemade foods. They’re usually healthier and contain much less mysterious ingredients than their store-bought counterparts. But for some items, such as candy, it makes more sense to purchase them from a store or local business.

There are appliances in stores that seem to be filling needs that don’t even exist, such as machines that make baked goods that can very easily be made in an oven, or that create novelty treats people usually only eat a few times a year.

We’ve compiled a list of some of the most ridiculously unnecessary food appliances out there. Discover something you never knew anyone could need.

1.  Cupcake Maker

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of allthingscupcake.com

Sure, it’s adorable and all, but isn’t that what ovens are for?

2.  Ring Pop Molds

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of @ringpopofficial on Instagram

Because it’s not like you can go to any store and buy a giant bag of these when you’re feeling nostalgic, right?

3. Waffle Bowl Maker

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of @ashleys_rustik_kustoms on Instagram

Most people usually get waffle bowls and cones as a special treat at their local ice cream shop or buy them at the store for special occasions. But just in case that isn’t easy enough for you, you can now make them at home anytime.

4. Gummy Candy Maker

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of @haribousa on Instagram

If Haribo bears aren’t big enough for you, you can make a giant bear at home, along with original-sized gummies.

5. Cotton Candy Maker

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of air-n-water.com

Just in case the annual carnival or your theme park visits can’t satisfy your craving.

6. Greek Yogurt Maker

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of oster.com

We already know this popular snack is super unsustainable. Just be aware of it when you decide to make some from the comfort of your own home.

7. Jelly Belly Electric Slushie Maker

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Now you can have this sugary summer treat anytime without ever having to stop by the nearest 7-11 or Target.

8. Mini Funnel Cake Maker

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

You don’t have to wait for your next Disney trip to indulge in this classic theme park treat. Eating a funnel cake will no longer be a special experience because you can have one anytime with this machine.

9. Electric S’mores Maker

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Forget about actually going camping to enjoy this traditional campfire dessert. Now you can roast marshmallows in the comfort of the great clean, insulated indoors.

10. Pizzelle Press

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

You don’t have to have fun exploring the wonders of World Market to pick up pizzelle cookies anymore – you can crank them out at home and eat them with whatever goodies you desire.

11. Hot Chocolate Maker

novelty food appliances

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

I’ve always found it fairly simple to make hot cocoa in the microwave or by boiling water on the stove, but maybe that’s just me.