For all the foodies out there who are like this:

Apps

Photo courtesy of firstwefeast.com

Finding a restaurant, saving a recipe and creating a shopping list has never been easier. Now with smartphones, foodies are unstoppable. Check out these eleven helpful apps that all food lovers should never be without.

1. Fried Rice Recipe Manager — $14.99

Apps

Photo courtesy of App Store

This app may be a bit pricey and is only compatible with OS X 10.7, but it organizes recipes beautifully. Now you never have to sort through thousands of notecards to find Grandma’s special pie recipe because with one click of a button, you’ll have thousands of customized recipe cards right in front of you.

2. Yelp — Free

Apps

Photo courtesy of trustedreviews.com

Yelp is the most useful app for anyone, not just foodies.  It provides real reviews from real customers and shows location, pictures, price, rating, distances, what’s open now, etc. for all of your dining-out needs.

3. Instagram — Free

Users around the world post pictures of their delicious food. Check out the best food Instagrams in New Haven!

Apps

Photo courtesy of Instagram

This app is food porn heaven for foodies. Once you’re on Instagram…you can never go back.

Apps

Photo courtesy of naptownpint.com

4. Jamie Oliver’s Recipes — Free

Apps

Photo courtesy of app advice.com

More than 600 free recipes  ranging from salads to desserts to main dishes complete with mouthwatering photos. Jamie Oliver’s signature easy to follow directions are joined by a handy shopping list feature and helpful video tutorials in this free app. This app is all a home (or dorm room) chef needs!

5. Food Network in the Kitchen — Free

Apps

Photo courtesy of play.google.com

Instant access to favorite Food Network chefs and thousands of their recipes. Who doesn’t want all of Alton Brown’s magical recipes at their fingertips?

6. Crock-Pot Recipes Official — $3.99

Apps

Photo courtesy of tuaw.com

Crock-pots are magical things. This app features easy to prepare recipes from soups, party foods, appetizers and desserts…all made in a Crock-Pot! Check out this beautiful, easy to make Crock-Pot pancake! (Who knew  you could make pancakes in a slow cooker?!)

Apps

Photo courtesy of veryculinary.com

7. Foodle: Nutrition Facts — $3.99

Apps

Photo courtesy of appannie.com

For all the healthy foodies out there, this app shows the nutrition facts for thousands of foods from straight up fruits to processed foods. It’ll help you to find out what to eat and what to avoid.

8. The Blender Girl Smoothies — $4.99

Apps

Photo courtesy of ourbodybook.com

100 delicious smoothies based on what you’re feeling, needing or craving. Looking for something that will strengthen up your immune system and take away those spring allergies? Try the mouthwatering green mojito!

9. How to Cook Everything Bundle — $14.99

Apps

Photo courtesy of blog.spafinder.org

How to Cook Everything from Mark Bittman has over 2,000 recipes and illustrated how-to instructions featuring timers that are actually built into the step-by-step instructions and helpful shopping lists. The bundle features the original How to Cook Everything App and now the Vegetarian How to Cook Everything App.

10. Lush: Cocktail & Mixed Drink Recipes — $1.99

Apps

Photo courtesy of lushapp.co

Become the best bartender at a party using this app. You can search for recipes by flavor or ingredients and the app has great, easy-to-follow visuals. This is an app that every college student needs.

11.  Secret Menu for Starbucks — $0.99

Apps

Photo courtesy of macobserver.com

For all the Starbucks addicts out there, there are dozens of secret recipes to create unique drinks at the popular coffee chain. Butterbeer Frappuccino? Yes please!

Now go, download these apps and prepare to be on your phones 24/7.