I have been lacking in motivation to go out this semester because it's so damn cold. I don't know about you, but an icy shot of Burnett's is not that attractive in 30 degree weather (or in any temperature, for that matter). The game was changed, however, when I combined some heat and (a lot of) alcohol. Here are some of my favorite hot cocktails to help save your winter motivation.

1. Hot Peppermint Chocolate Toddy

dairy product, sweet, chocolate, coffee, cream, milk
Keni Lin

Peppermint is not exclusively for Christmas. Combine some Kahlua and Peppermint Schnapps to get the perfect ~festive~ buzz.

2. Spiked Pumpkin Spice Latte

whipped cream, pudding, espresso, cappuccino, chocolate, sweet, coffee, milk, cream
Sydney Gabel

You don't have to have a Starbucks Gold Card to whip up this number. This PSL will make you doubt your allegiance to the green mermaid. Bonus: it's vegan.

3. Spiked Hot Chocolate

milk, cream, chocolate, coffee
Drew Gerber

Channel your inner Olivia Pope and add a lot of red wine to your hot chocolate. This will be the perfect drink for any Thursday Scandal viewing parties. 

4. Hot Buttered Rum

mocha, chocolate, espresso, coffee
Jessica Payne

If you're willing to put in some work, this cocktail is so worth it. It's the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, with a bit of herbal tang. 

5. Spiked S'mores Hot Chocolate

cappuccino, espresso, candy, sweet, milk, cream, coffee, chocolate
Alexandra Tringali

Hope you have access to a blowtorch (or at least a stove), because these marshmallows are best served burnt. And over booze.

6. Hot Toddy

beer, tea
Alexandra Tringali

Do you have the freshman plague? Are you pretending it doesn't exist so you can still go out (and hopefully not infect your next DFMO)? This drink will calm your throat so that you're not coughing to the beat of "Closer" all night.

7. Warm Spicy Caramel Apple

apple, cider, iced tea, liquor, sweet, alcohol, lemon, tea, ice, juice, cocktail
Jamie Gebhardt

It's always fall when you have some caramel, an apple, and a lot of whiskey. Repeat: a lot of whiskey.

8. Irish Coffee

chocolate, coffee, dairy product, sweet, ice, milk, cream
Jessica Payne

If you're looking for a bougie upgrade from your typical Vodka Red Bull, the Irish Coffee is perfect for you. Plus, it's tastes like dessert.

9. Apple Cidermon

condiment, tea, chocolate, milk, sweet, cinnamon
Brooke Hamroff

This drink will bring hopefully bring positive memories to Fireball. I'm sorry, but I don't think any story has ended well when it starts with, "so I took a couple shots of Fireball..." You'll get through it eventually.

10. Matcha Chata

cream, avocado, soup
Brittany Arnett

I have a love-hate relationship with Matcha: it is bitter AF, but it gets me so many Instagram likes. If you like the taste or social media potential of Matcha, this spiked version is perfect for you.

11. Mulled Wine

coffee, alcohol, cinnamon, tea, wine
Stephanie Marshall

This drink is guaranteed to make you feel a) British, and b) super grown up. Don't worry about price, cheap wine even tastes good mulled. 

No matter how you choose to get drunk, you can now be sure that you'll feel warm and fuzzy. Try these 11 hot cocktails for an instant booze upgrade.