Anybody who spent the aftermath of Black Friday sitting in a pile of plastic clothing packaging, eating a fifth slice of pumpkin pie, and watching the Texas v. TCU football game witnessed the disappointing 31-9 Longhorn loss that added a fresh bruise to Texas’ ego. Yes, our football season peaked in the first game and has since been in a steady downward spiral. Yes, Charlie Strong is probably going to be leaving.

Despite all of this, however, here are 11 food perks that we’re thankful for this holiday season as Longhorns and Austin-dwellers — because look on the bright side: even though we lost, at least we’re not heading back to Fort Worth-less. 

1. Breakfast Tacos at Tacodeli

The taco scene is big at Texas Christian University, but they probably don’t have breakfast tacos quite like the ones at Tacodeli. Get “The Otto”—a black bean, avocado, and bacon creation—or the sirloin, egg, and cheese taco. Add a side of their delicious green sauce and you'll want to become a morning person.  

2. Kerbey Queso at Kerbey Lane Café

Every college campus has their beloved diner, and Kerbey Lane Café is ours. Get the famed Kerbey Queso, a combination of guacamole, queso, and pico de gallo. 

3. Poke Bowls at Poke Poke

Fresh bowls of rough-cut sashimi and rice, hailing from the original location in Venice Beach, CA. 

4. Japchae at Koriente 

There's no place that does healthier, more delicious food than this Korean-inspired restaurant. 

5. Boozy Baja Blasts and Doritos Locos Tacos at Taco Bell Cantina

Some Horned Frogs may protest that they have a Taco Bell near campus, but do they have a Taco Bell Cantina? Didn’t think so. This grown-up version of the Tex-Mex fast food stop is one of the four of its kind in the US. It offers alcoholic versions of their slushes and freezes, local beers and liquors, and shareable menu items along with the regular fare. 

6. Toast at Irene's

Where else have you seen such a wide selection of toasts? Sweet or savory, take your pick. 

7. Edamame Dumplings at True Food Kitchen

Another pro about going to school in Austin: the availability of healthy, delicious, plant-based food. 

8. Juicy Burgers and Truffle Fries at Hopdoddy Burger Bar

Hopdoddy's can take any humble hamburger joint that exists in Fort Worth to the next level with juicy burgers, runny eggs and truffle fries. 

9. Pancake Flight at Snooze an A.M. Eatery

Few college cities can beat Austin’s brunch game, and Longhorns are winning with Snooze’s pancake flight, a sampler of three different pancake varieties. Some interesting flavors include Pineapple upside-down pancakes, sweet potato pancakes, and a mysterious pancake of the day.

10. Voodoo Doughnuts

Though Fort Worth’s younger crowd likes to call their city Funkytown, Austin definitely beats Fort Worth when it comes to the weird factor—especially with this wacky donut place serving voodoo-inspired donuts. 

11. Chicken Benedict at Forthright Café

Remember what we said about Austin’s brunch game? Recover from the Texas loss by going to weekend brunch at Forthright. Order the Chicken Benedict, which sneaks two pieces of fried chicken between the typical eggs and English muffin combination.