If you’re like me, you get up before class every morning, chucking your phone across the room when the alarm goes off. You throw on clothes, grab your bag, and head out the door. But you know you can’t make it through a class with out some caffeine in your system. But you should know, not all Dunkin’ drinks will give you the same kick.

All of these caffeine measurements are according to a medium-sized drink. These measurements also come from the updated amounts from 2015, after Dunkin’ added more caffeine to keep up with other chains like Starbucks and Peet’s.

1. Hot Chocolate (17.5 mg)

dunkin' donuts

Photo courtesy of Andrea Goh at Flickr.com

If you’re reaching for the hot chocolate, you’re probably not looking for jolt of caffeine. I wouldn’t really recommend buying one if you really need to wake up after an all-nighter.

2. Coffee Coolatta (23 mg)

dunkin' donuts

Photo courtesy of @DunkinDonuts at Twitter.com

You may have thought that because this drink boasted being filled with coffee that it would be close to the same amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee, but you’re actually getting hundreds of milligrams less of caffeine than in just a cup of coffee.

3. Vanilla Chai (59 mg)

dunkin' donuts

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Vanilla Chai may not give you a huge caffeine jolt, but it may give you a sugar high instead. A medium drink is filled to the brim with 46 grams of sugar.

4. Iced Green Tea (60 mg)

dunkin' donuts

Photo courtesy of laura_burns at Flickr.com

An iced green tea is a good bet if you’re not looking for a huge boost of caffeine, but keep in mind to ask for unsweetened. Sweetened has 27 grams of sugar, while unsweetened holds none.

5. Decaf Coffee (74 mg)

dunkin' donuts

Photo courtesy of Mike Mozart at Flickr.com

If you need decaf because of health reasons, definitely do not get decaf from Dunkin’. It has as much caffeine as one shot of espresso. It’s much higher than other chains’ decafs.

6. Iced Tea (81 mg)

dunkin' donuts

If you’re not a coffee drinker but you still need a little pick me up, iced tea is a pretty good bet. It doesn’t have the highest amout of caffeine content, but it’s better than nothing, especially if you know you’re in for a day of finals.

7. Latte, Iced Latte, Cappuccino, Mocha, Espresso (97 mg)

dunkin' donuts

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Lattes, iced lattes, cappuccinos, and mocha all hold 97 mg in a medium drink – not all that impressive. A double shot of espresso carries the same amount. You might be expecting a bit more of a boost, but you’re actually better off with decaf iced coffee as a pick-me-up.

8. Decaf Iced Coffee (102 mg)

dunkin' donuts

Photo courtesy of dunkindonuts.com

Decaf iced coffee boosts even more than hot decaf. Again, if you have health problems and can’t have caffeine, do not drink Dunkin’ decaf iced. It really should not be called decaf. You are drinking more caffeine than in a double shot of espresso.

9. Dunkaccino (106 mg)

dunkin' donuts

Photo courtesy of dunkindonuts.com

A Dunkaccino is a blend of hot chocolate and coffee so it makes sense that it’s pretty high in caffeine. But, like a Vanilla Chai, you should also be prepared for a sugar rush. It carries 37 grams of sugar.

10. Iced Coffee (295 mg)

dunkin' donuts

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Iced coffee is almost the highest, but it’s a little diluted compared to regular coffee. All flavors of iced coffee would change the sugar amount, but it would not change the caffeine content. You’re always downing 295 mg if you’re an iced coffee fanatic like me.

11. Coffee (302 mg)

dunkin' donuts

Photo courtesy of m01229 at Flickr.com

You’re best bet if you have to get up for an 8 am class? Don’t go for something fancy. Just get a regular coffee. When you’re actually not dozing off during a lecture for the first time, you’ll thank me.