Ah, spring: the wonderful season when everyone suddenly comes out of hibernation, the flowers bloom, and you just want to spend all your time outside. Maybe you want to soak up as much vitamin D as you can. Spring can also be a really busy quarter or semester since graduation is coming up. All this could mean not having enough time to grab a proper breakfast in the morning. Here are some ideas that you can make with the foods in season right now.

1. Strawberries

Photo by Hana Brannigan

I look forward to spring for the strawberries. I always stock up and throw it into my overnight oatmeal. It’s super easy to make, nutritious, delicious, and filling. And the best part is that there’s no prep in the morning. All you have to do it make it the night before, store it in a container, and then take it to class in the morning.

2. Cherries

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Cherries are the perfect balance between tart and sweet. Adding some into a parfait can compliment the yogurt well, and it’s super easy to take to class. We live in a generation where everyone is obsessed with mason jars, too, so not only is it convenient, but you’ll look super hip.

3. Avocado

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

Six words: bacon, egg, cheese, avocado waffle nachos. Need I say more?

4. Figs

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Figs are an underrated fruit. Adding them to your pancakes, which can be super easy to make at home, adds a little crunch from the seeds and some sweetness from the fruit itself.

#SpoonTip: Make smaller pancakes, pack them in Tupperware, and bring a little container of syrup or peanut butter on the side for a clean finger food breakfast.

5. Cucumbers

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Stuff those refreshing crunchy cucumbers in a bagel with a bunch of other veggies and you’ll be off to a great start. A healthy balance of carbs, protein, and veg means you’ll be feeling really good about the rest of the day. Here are some other variations for breakfast bagels.

6. Oranges

Photo by Katherine Baker

Orange creamsicle for breakfast? Sign me up every morning. Here’s a chia seed pudding that doesn’t take much from your kitchen to make. It’s healthy, delicious, and filling to get you ready for the day.

7. Asparagus

Photo by Maggie Gorman

If you have enough time in the morning, or you’re feeling all fancy, make this balsamic asparagus dish with lentils and fried eggs. You’ll impress both yourself and your roommates.

8. Radish

spring

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Okay, it doesn’t seem like the most delicious thing to eat, but bear with me. Simply pair the radish with avocado, salt, pepper, and green onions on a piece of toast lightly smeared with cream cheese for a perfect filling breakfast. Radishes aren’t that hard to prepare, either.

9. Raspberries

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Raspberries add a nice subtle sweetness to any dish. They’re great in something like bread to change up your normal plain loaf. Bread is probably one of those foods that you have always wanted to make, but are too intimidated to. Turns out, it’s really easy, and the ingredients are most likely in your cabinets already. Plus, it’s full of protein so you’ll feel full and satisfied. You can make it on Sunday and bring it with you to class in the morning for the week.

10. Mango

Photo by Amelia Weller

I’ll take any excuse to eat ice cream for breakfast. This four-ingredient mango ice cream will make you feel like you’re starting your day on a tropical island before you have to head out to class.