Let’s face it: Elon is a bubble. Between three dining halls, nine chains on campus and several restaurants within walking distance from your dorm, there’s really no need to leave the University to find delicious food. And for students without a car, leaving isn’t even an option. But sometimes, a change of scenery can be good. So, if you’re feeling adventurous, grab a friend (with a car) and take a trip to check out these Raleigh restaurants that top the charts.

1. Bella Monica

raleigh restaurants

Photo courtesy of Bella Monica on facebook.com

Bella Monica opened its doors in 2000 with the dream of bringing Nana’s authentic Italian Sunday dinners to the public. The rest is history. Bella’s offers a wide variety of delicious dishes sure to make you say “Bellissimo!”

2. Beasley’s Chicken + Honey

raleigh restaurants

Photo courtesy of Beasley’s Chicken and Honey on facebook.com

Like chicken? Good. Like honey? Even better. Located right in the heart of downtown Raleigh, this restaurant combines two unlikely ingredients to make something wonderful. It’s a plate full of heaven every time.

3. Linus and Pepper’s

raleigh restaurants

Photo courtesy of Linus and Pepper’s on facebook.com

If you’re tired of getting the same old thing from Subway or Jersey Mike’s, head on over to Linus and Pepper’s for a sandwich that’s guaranteed to make your taste buds weep with joy. Bonus: the customer service is out of this world incredible.

4. Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar

raleigh restaurants

Photo courtesy of Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar on facebook.com

If you prefer burgers to subs, Bad Daddy’s understands. And with a side of tater tots, who could resist?

5. Benelux Coffee

raleigh restaurants

Photo courtesy of Benelux Coffee on facebook.com

Not only is the coffee to die for, but Benelux specializes in Belgian waffles with customizable toppings. Welcome to your new favorite coffee shop.

6. Saint Jaques

raleigh restaurants

Photo courtesy of Saint Jaques on facebook.com

Say Bonjour to the best French cuisine in the Raleigh area. With a comfortable atmosphere and delicious entrees, you’ll almost expect to see the Eiffel Tower out the window.

7. The Fiction Kitchen

raleigh restaurants

Photo courtesy of The Fiction Kitchen on facebook.com

If you’re vegetarian, this is the place for you. With an entirely vegan and vegetarian menu, there’s no danger in finding anything you wouldn’t wantto find on your plate here. For all you meat-lovers, check out their chicken and waffles. You won’t be able to tell the difference.

8. Centro

raleigh restaurants

Photo courtesy of Centro on facebook.com

As any foodie knows, the best restaurants are small, authentic, and an overall hidden gem. Centro fits the bill, offering Raleigh residents some of the best Mexican food in the city.

9. Big Ed’s City Market Restaurant

raleigh restaurants

Photo courtesy of Big Ed’s City Market Restaurant on facebook.com

Breakfast? Check. Brunch? Check. Lunch? Check. Everything you could possibly want? Check.

10. Treat

raleigh restaurants

Photo courtesy of Treat on facebook.com

What better way to end your Raleigh food experience than with ice cream? Treat is just the place to get your ice cream fix.