Just picture a cheesecake that ISN’T sweet. It may be hard to imagine, but I promise it is possible and delicious. Other typically sweet treats like fruit and chocolate don’t have to be limited to dessert, either. You don’t have to decide between the two not only because THIS IS AMERICA AND WE HAVE CHOICES, but also, we put together some recipes found below to help you turn your fave sweets savory. You’re welcome.

Fruit

savory

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Pineapples and watermelon are good fruit choices to turn savory. Gill em up and season with feta, mint, salt n’ peppa. If grilling is too much for you try this recipe

Chocolate

savory

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

Make chocolate savory by using it with meat dishes. Cocoa has been a common ingredient in savory dishes like mole, but if you are feeling adventurous try this recipe for chocolate bbq sauce.

Oatmeal

abachelorandhisgrill.com" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/00064221-670x670.jpg" alt="savory" width="670" height="670" />

Photo courtesy of abachelorandhisgrill.com

Oatmeal is a staple item that’s perfect for breakfast but it’s also great for lunch or dinner. Oats are nothing without their add ins so make this dish savory by adding a bunch of cheese, veggies and protein. You can step up your oat game with even more ideas here.

Muffins

savory

Photo by Caryssa Lim

Some people don’t consider muffins “a sweet”, but I disagree. Most muffins have tons of sugar, chocolate and fruits. You won’t miss any of that with this awesome recipe.

Ice Cream

savory

Photo by Hannah Lin

Yes, Ice Cream can be savory. How? With avocado, bacon and basil that’s how. Check out these recipes on how to make savory ice creams without a machine.

Pancakes

rufflesandtruffles.com" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/spaghetti-squash-zucchini-pancakes-2.jpg" alt="savory" width="550" height="550" />

Photo courtesy of rufflesandtruffles.com

Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea. Another great idea? Making your pancakes savory. We have ten great recipes from mac & cheese pancakes to corn cakes with avocado cream.

Scones

savory

Photo by Mira Nguyen

Baking doesn’t always have to be sweets. This savory scone recipe can be eaten whenever and are perfect for on the go. Look at that cheeseeee.

Doughnuts

savory

Photo courtesy of wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons

Bennison’s Bakery in Chicago has the right idea with this recipe. Instead of deciding between sweet or savory get em both by combining bacon and your doughnut. You’re welcome.

Cheesecake

savory

Photo courtesy of cookiedoughandovenmitt.com

Yes, this cheesecake does exist. Typically fruity or chocolaty, cheesecake gets a makeover with this recipe by bringing in the hot guns with jalapeno and cheese.

Smores

apronstringsblog.com" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/00064201.jpg" alt="savory" width="640" height="640" />

Photo courtesy of apronstringsblog.com

For this recipe take on a classic with veggies, cheeses, and meats. Or try the Italian option with mozzarella, pesto and tomato.