With a new semester come sporadic bursts of motivation in your life. You’re totally going to get straight A’s, get involved in extracurriculars and of course you’ll eat healthy and work out every day. And maybe you’ve been freaking out because you can’t get in to your favorite pair of jeans without a little shake and a lot of wiggle. So you’re cutting down by going paleo, you’re trying out vegetarianism and while you’re at it, maybe you’ll hit up Jenny Craig. But before you sign away your calorie-loving soul, find your place in these 10 stages of going on a diet; it might just save you the time and energy you need to really kickstart your new, healthy lifestyle.
1. You notice your clothes fit a little tighter than they used to.
2. You throw out all the junk food in your house and plan to start eating healthy.
3. You do extensive research on different diets and how to lose weight without actually doing anything.
4. You soon realize you know nothing about dieting or where to begin.
5. You eat a salad once and think you’re on a roll.
6. Your willpower is tested when you go out with friends and are forced to watch them eat all the food groups you’ve just cut out of your diet.
7. All you can think about is food as you scroll through endless foodporn on Instagram.
8. After going strong for a while, you decide you deserve to splurge a little, which might turn into more than you planned for.
9. But it’s okay, you’ll wake up early tomorrow, work out and immediately regret it.
10. After a torturous week of dieting you say, “Screw it,” and decide that you’re awesome just the way you are.
More where that came from: