Hot sauce is a great companion to us all in times of need. Whether you need to make your food spicier with a kick or you just want to spice up your life a little, there are many types of hot sauce that are always by your side. Friends come and go, but hot sauce is forever. Here are 10 reasons why hot sauce is your ride or die.
10. You think of ways you can incorporate hot sauce in breakfast, lunch and dinner (and sometimes even dessert).
Is it appropriate to have hot sauce on everything? Of course, I am an adult. I can make my own life choices.
9. You have trouble picking your favorite hot sauce because you use specific hot sauces for different food combinations (i.e. Cholula with chicken, Sriracha with eggs, etc.).
Because why pick one when you can have ’em all? Gotta catch ’em all.
8. Friends make fun of you for drowning your food in hot sauce.
It’s not you’re fault you’re cool. They just don’t understand how good it is. It’s the new thing. Everyone drowns their food with hot sauce — they’re just behind in the trends, and it’s definitely trending.
7. You sometimes refer to yourself as a “hot sauce connoisseur” with expertise on specific hot sauce tastes.
You say Cholula is hot? Nah. It’s more on the tangy side.
6. When you talk about types of red chili peppers, people get confused that you’re instead referring to the band from the early 2000s.
Hey oh, listen to what I say yo (and I was actually talking about those spicy thing called peppers that are in hot sauce…).
5. You have a bottle of a hot sauce at hand (or in keychain form) as a just-in-case at all times.
Because you never know when your food will need hot sauce. Parties and certain restaurants might not have hot sauce available, so you are just being extra prepared.
4. Your friends complain that you’re addicted to hot sauce, but you just shrug off the haters.
I’m sorry, I can’t help myself. It’s just too damn yummy on top of everything. #TeamHotSauce
3. Whenever you talk about anything related to hot sauce, you get really hyped and start going on a huge tangent.
“Yeah..the first time I tried Tapatío was a mind blowing experience and I mean MIND BLOWING. It exposed me to the many wonders of hot sauce. I can never imagine my life without hot sauce. It is my destiny.”
2. You get excited when you finish a bottle of hot sauce, because, duh, YOU CAN GET A WHOLE NEW ONE.
Hot sauce trips to the grocery store.
1. Friends can’t trust you on your spice meter. What’s hot to them is considered mild to you.
Nothing spicy phases me. My spice tolerance is through the roof. For others. though, it’s too hot for them to handle. They should just stick with ketchup if that’s the case…rookies.