As the school year comes to a close, anyone who won’t be living in the dorms next year will be swiping into the dining halls for one last time. Yay for no more gross dining hall food, but now the reality is setting in, and the reality is that you’re going to have to fend for yourself. There are both pros and cons to the ending of the dining hall experience, but regardless of your overall satisfaction, you’re sure to experience several of these realizations after your final swipe.

1. Realizing you’ll no longer be able to see the whole world in one place every time you go to eat

realizations

2. Understanding this may also be a good thing for those times when you didn’t want to see anyone

realizations

3. Realizing you’ll no longer have the convenience of eating a full meal whenever you’re hungry

realizations

4. But also knowing that now you can go out to eat without feeling guilty

realizations

5. Wrapping your head around the fact that you may have to learn how to cook

realizations

6. Realizing that it will no longer be acceptable to have zero self control

realizations

7. Fathoming that you might have to venture outside to get a meal

realizations

8. Celebrating the fact that you won’t be restricted to those weird dining hall hours

realizations

9. Understanding you will no longer have endless options of prepared food for every meal

realizations

10. And finally, rejoicing in the realization that most of those options are barely edible

realizations