If you have tried almost every single diet plan out there to slim down, failed and are tired of them, I relate. I've been there. Workouts and diets might help shed those extra pounds but it does not work for everybody and just sounds like too much of work and is really damn tough. So I'm pretty sure this might be the saving grace we needed.

There are certain healthy food combinations that help burn fat, beat bloating and boost metabolism. Sounds amazing right? And it's not difficult at all. Actually quite the opposite when items like peanut butter, coffee and chocolate are added to the mix.

Interested in finding out more? Check out the delicious pairings and accelerate the rate of your weight loss to achieve your body goals today!

1. Coffee and Cinnamon

cappuccino, espresso, coffee
Alex Frank

Coffee is simply one of mankind's greatest treasures.

Sprinkling some cinnamon in your coffee not only adds a major flavor punch to your cup — it's also practically calorie-free. Cinnamon contains certain antioxidants that are proven to reduce the accumulation of belly fat. If my morning cup of Joe can wake me up in the morning to face the long day ahead and help me lose some extra pounds? Yup, cherry on top.

2, Eggs and Bell Pepper

fried egg, butter, egg yolk, sandwich, ham, bread, croque madame, egg, bacon, toast
Photo by Lily Chin

Eggs are a powerful super food on their own, but combine them with these other fat-burning ingredients and you’ll slim down in no time. Rich in vitamins, antioxidants, healthy fats, eggs also contain a metabolism-boosting nutrient called choline.

Adding bell peppers to your eggs is a great trick for speeding up weight loss. Bell peppers are chock-full of vitamin C. This high vitamin C count means eating the peppers can help burn stored fat and convert carbs into fuel, keeping you energized throughout the day.

3. Yogurt and Berries

honer dipper, blackberry, blueberry, berries, yogurt, honey, milk, sweet
Sam Jesner

This tasty duo of yogurt and berries — strawberry, blueberry,raspberry — is a great option for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack. A combination of calcium and vitamin D can significantly decrease belly fat and fat absorption as the calcium signals your fat cells to pump out less cortisol, making it easier for you to drop pounds, while the amino acids help burn fat. The fiber packed berries complement these nutrients, and act as a natural sweetener.

4. Peanut Butter and Banana

jar, spoon, peanut butter, chocolate, sweet, cream, milk, dairy product, candy, coffee
Caroline Ingalls

Peanut butter is one of those "bad" things in life that are surprisingly good for you. Sure, it's high in calories, but that's because it's packed with the same healthy monounsaturated fats as olive oil. These fats activate genes that shrink fat and improve insulin metabolism. Throwing fiber rich food like banana into the mix is a bonus as it increases satiety, warding of mindless snacking.

5. Chickpeas and Olive Oil

sweet, cereal, garbanzo, chickpeas, legume, vegetable, meat, nut
Jessica Kelly

Chickpeas are a prime weight loss weapon, high in nutrients and soluble fiber. They increase feeling of satiety by releasing an appetite-suppressing hormone cholecystokinin. They blend flawlessly with olive oil, which increases blood levels of serotonin, a hormone associated with satiety. Also, this healthy food combination of chickpeas and olive oil gives an amazing recipe for a delicious hummus.

6. Green Tea and Mint

jam, oil, tea

The caffeine and catechins - a type of antioxidant - in green tea have a temperature-raising effect that speeds up your metabolism, causing you to burn more calories in the same amount of time while also increasing feelings of satiety.

Mint helps keep bloating away and improve digestion of fats. A study published in the Journal of Neurological and Orthopedic Medicine found that people who sniffed mint every two hours lost an average of 5 pounds a month. Well then, let's get sniffing.

7. Chicken and Hot Sauce

chicken breast, sauce, meat, vegetable, chicken
Michelle Rodriguez

Hot sauce is rich in capsaicin, a compound that’s proven to suppress appetite and boost thermogenesis—the body’s ability to burn fat as energy. But wait, there's more.

Drizzle this fiery condiment over chicken to get the most benefits. Protein-rich foods like poultry not only boost satiety, but also help people eat less at subsequent meals and also increase the post-meal calorie burn by 35 percent.

8. Water and Citrus Fruits

cocktail, alcohol, lemonade, lime, citrus, juice, lemon
Kartik Sharma

Water with slices of citrus fruits like lemons or oranges is a great substitute for sugary beverages such as sodas. The citrus peels add d-limonene — a powerful antioxidant — which stimulates liver enzymes that help rid the body of toxins and flush fat from our system. This combination is a great source for hydrating the body and and preventing Vitamin C deficiency.

9. Apples and Dark Chocolate

chocolate, chips, chocolate chips, cocoa
Caroline Ingalls

Yup. CHOCOLATE. Dark chocolate has an impressive impact on reducing the absorption of fats and carbohydrates. The trick is to choose the type of chocolate that contains at least 70 percent cacao. It prevents the body from gaining excess weight and lowers our blood-sugar levels. To enhance the effects, pair your chocolate with some apple slices. The fruit speeds up your gut’s fermentation process, leading to a great reduction in inflammation and weight.

Guys, it's chocolate -the rich yummy goodness from heaven- helping us lose weight. Need I say more? I think not.

10, Honey, Lemon and Water

wine, juice, apple
Bhavya Sahay

The honey, lemon and water combination is one of the oldest tricks used to lose some weight, but for good reason. Honey and warm water help breakdown food particles in the body, cleanse your body by flushing out all the toxins and also boost metabolism. Lemon along with the two provides an extra kick to your drink.

Drink this early in the morning and once in the evening, 30 minutes before a workout and you're all set.