Team 10 content owner and creator Jake Paul has been taking a major "L" lately. From disses between his brother to the situation between RiceGum and Faze Banks, he just can't win. Add Alissa Violet and Max Beaumont, who decided to switch lanes, into the mix and you'd be salty, too. 

For anybody not in the loop, Jake Paul has hit the lime light ever since he released his song "It's Every Day Bro." The song garnered over 100 million views on YouTube, but with many hidden (not really) references to former girlfriend Alissa Violet, things spun out of control. Eventually, Paul was even dropped from his Disney Channel contract.

For Jake, brushing off the haters is fine, but high blood pressure is not. What happens when you realize your favorite foods are saltier than all this? 

The American Heart Association recommends a consumption of no more than 2,300 milligrams (mg) of sodium a day. But their ideal limit is no more than 1,500 mg for most adults. Here are five foods that are not only saltier than Jake Paul's ego, but can give you serious problems as well (kidney disease is not cute people).

1. Bouillon Cubes

Bouillon cubes are reduced to create a sauce or used to render for soups. They are used as a substitute for chicken/ vegetable broth and can make cooking easy. What attracts most people to these easy cubes is how sodium dense they are.

One cube serving (about 1 cup) is equivalent to 1,130 milligrams of sodium. Try veggie broth instead, or even better, if you are cooking meat from the night before, save the broth for healthier homemade cooking.

2. Soy Sauce

condiment, liquor, hot sauce, alcohol, juice, soda, beer
Stephanie DeVaux

Soy sauce is loved by many to complement sushi nights or take fried rice to the next level. But this liquid is dank salt in a bottle. Like many other sauces, soy sauce is high in sodium, but comparatively much higher.

Soy sauce can contain 680 milligrams of sodium per two teaspoons. If you cannot possibly live without a good sushi dipping sauce, I recommend buying a low sodium soy sauce (380 milligrams of sodium per two teaspoons) or Sriracha (200 milligrams of sodium per two teaspoons).

3. Beef Jerky

Tess Wei

Beef Jerky is great to have when you're hiking up a mountain, for its preservation qualities. But not so much when your studying at home. One once of jerky equates to 450 milligrams of sodium.

Unless you're planning on not having access to a kitchen for a while, you might want to stick to something healthier. A great alternative would be Turkey Jerky. At 270 mg, this treat gives you all the flavor and none of the guilt.

4. Olives

Fresh, Fruit, farmer's market, olive, olives
Caroline Ingalls

Olives are salty, due to the fact that when fresh, they are bitter. To remove the bitter taste, olives are usually cured and fermented using salt. Ten black olives equate to 320 milligrams of sodium. 

5. Pickles

pickle, salt, vinegar, condiment, gherkin, vegetable, jam
Hannah Petersen

Pickles are enjoyed many ways, from sandwiches to salads, to even out of the jar (it's hard to resist). But at 323 milligrams per dill pickle spear, you might want to reconsider.

Like olives, pickles need to be brine in salt to create the flavorful (once cucumber) you see today. 

Salty foods satisfy our cravings in the short term, but create more problems later (similar to many of Jake Paul's videos). These foods, while delicious, might be something you want to reduce your intake of. Be wary of sodium content, and don't let saltiness ruin your health (or your ego).