When we were kids we probably did not fully understand feminism, but it was definitely prevalent during the 90s and early 2000s. Many of the characters (feminists) we adored in books, TV shows, and movies helped spread the message of girl power.

1. The Cheetah Girls

The Cheetah Girls were the fierce and successful. Their songs had titles like Girl Power, Step Up, and Together We Can. It was feminism all along. 

2. Raven

Raven was part of the Cheetah Girls, but that was only a small part of her career. Raven Symone stared in That's So Raven and was the highlight of everyone's childhood. Raven Baxter could see glimpses of the future and used her powers to help her friends and change life's outcomes. 

3. Spice Girls

The Spice Girls have sold 85 million records, making them the best-selling female group of their time. With the "girl power" phenomenon, the Spice Girls were the most popular cultural icons of the 1990s.

4. Jessie

Jessie is the heroine in Toy Story 2 and 3. She is a strong cow girl with an outgoing and fierce personality. Even though she went through abandonment, she overcame all hardships. 

5. Kim Possible

Kim Possible followed the comedic action-adventures of a typical high school girl who not only dealt with the pressures of school and a social life, but in her spare time saved the world from evil villains. We all wanted to be Kim Possible at some point in our lives.

6.  Powerpuff Girls

Sugar, spice, and everything nice. Super-powered sisters Blossom (the leader), Bubbles (sweet but fierce), and Buttercup (the tough one) regularly save Townsville from evildoers. 

7. Junie B. Jones

Her name is Junie B. Jones. The B stands for Beatrice, but she just likes B. and that's all. Those of you who read the series know that Junie B. Jones was a daredevil and was never afraid to speak her mind.

8. Hannah Montana

Miley Cyrus is Hannah Montana. Say what? I still can't believe she kept that secret for so long. Hannah/Miley taught us that you can chase your dreams and follow your heart. 

9. Lizzie McGuire

Lizzie McGuire was a shy, compassionate, and clumsy teen who dreamed to fit in and be popular at school. Episodes centered on Lizzie's life, dealing with her family and normal teenage life issues. We could all relate to how she felt. 

10. Eloise

Eloise At The Plaza was a series of books and movies about a six-year old named Eloise. She was the star of the Plaza in New York (which is a real hotel btw), cunning and curious, always getting her way. 

There are a many feminist icons from our childhood who we all miss. They truly began the march for equality and it is important to remember them.