As calendars are flooded with summer trips and pool parties and to-do lists start stacking up, it can become difficult to find time to get into the gym. Not to fear, even without the gym equipment we usually rely on, we are armed and ready to workout. Here are 10 bodyweight exercises that you can do anywhere and all you need is yourself.

1. Plank

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Planking is the ultimate core workout. Like the name implies, you are holding a position similar to a wood plank with only your hands and toes on the ground. With your shoulders in line with your hands, keep your back, abs and even your bum, tight. Just remember: squeeze. If you feel like you’ve mastered that, try side-planks, and yes, shaking means you’re doing it right.

2. Plank Jack

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Get back in that plank position maintaining your tight core but, this time, jump your feet out and back together like you would if you were doing jumping jacks. This cardio move will raise your heart rate while working your upper and lower body all at once.

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

3. Bear Crawl

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

This exercise is fun and challenging, don’t feel bad if it makes you laugh and cry at the same time. Embrace your inner toddler and get ready to crawl. Again, keeping your core tight, place all four on the floor, bend your knees and start moving one hand and foot at a time. You can go forward, backward and even side-to-side, heck, try them all for the ultimate workout.

4. Lunge Jump

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Get ready to feel the burn. We all know what a lunge is, but lets add a jump to it. Get in a lunging position and then jump and land in the opposite leg’s lunge.

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Continue to hop onto alternating sides until you can’t jump any more.

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

This leg workout will definitely keep your legs strong and help you sculpt your beach bod.

5. Mountain Climber

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

I know you’re missing that plank so here’s a new variation to it. Get back on the ground in your plank but bring each knee to your chest, one at a time. Add some speed and you’ve got a mountain climber.

#SpoonTip: For the maximum workout only one foot should be on the ground at any given time. You’ll feel this one in your abs (keep them tight!), your back and your arms.

6. Squat

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Who doesn’t love a good squat? There are so many ways to work this easy exercise even without weights. Here’s the key and don’t forget it: anyone can squat, but it’s important to do it right.

Place your feet a little more than shoulder-length apart, point your toes out slightly to each side and squat so that your booty drops just below your knees – you’ll feel the difference between that and an amateur’s 90 degree squat; that extra depth is the key to getting the full potential out of your squat.

Do not let your knees pass over your toes when squatting, and like always, keep that core tight. Do all of that and you are on your way to a swole squat-booty.

7. Burpee

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Yeah, yeah, burpees are everyone’s favorite exercise to hate, but they are great for burning calories and can be fun. Start in a standing position then jump with your fingertips reaching for the sky.

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Next, place your hands on the ground and jump your feet out behind you so that you’re in a plank position; if you’re advanced you can add a push-up or a mountain-climber here.

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Finally, hop your feet up to you hands and jump back up to do it all over again. To make it more fun, add a partner and you can high-five as you jump.

8. Wall Sit

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

This exercise can be done almost anywhere – while you’re watching TV, waiting in line for the restroom or chatting with friends (make them do it too!). Simply sit up against a wall at slightly less than a 90-degree angle, keeping your knees in line with your ankles. Try to keep your arms and shoulders relaxed and don’t push on your thighs for support, the more your legs do the work the better.

9. Superman

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

For those of you who have always dreamed of being a superhero, now is your chance. Lie face down on the floor and raise your arms, chest and legs off the ground simultaneously, hold that position in the air for about 3 seconds, then slowly lower them back down and repeat. This will work your lower back, bum and hamstring.

10. Triceps Bench Press

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

We can’t forget about our arms and triceps are a great muscle to keep strong. For this exercise a bench-like object is ideal, such as a table, a chair, a stool, you name it, however, you can do these without one as well.

bodyweight exercises

Photo by Emily Kirsch

Turn your arms so that your elbows and fingers are facing behind you. Place your palms on the floor or chair so that your hands are directly below your shoulders and place your feet about 3 feet away from the chair so that when you dip your arms and legs make 90-degree angles. Continue to dip your body down and up using your arms only.

No more excuses, you’re a walking workout machine and can exercise anywhere anytime merely using your own bodyweight.