Recently, Olive Garden—one of the most beloved chain restaurants—returned with their never-ending pasta bowl in late 2022. While we anxiously await the promotion's possible return in fall 2023, our mouths are absolutely drooling looking over the current Olive Garden menu.

With a menu that's pretty long and varied, how can one decide what to order? Luckily, I've got you covered. Here are the best Olive Garden menu items, ranked by taste. Even if we don't get bottomless pasta bowls back anytime soon, you'll still be able to try some of the best dishes Olive Garden has to offer year-round. 

10. Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara

There's nothing better than a heaping pile of pasta with creamy sauce, shrimp, bacon, and cheese. This dish is decadent and is packed with flavors that will satisfy your craving for all things cheese, meat, and carbs.

9. Lasagna Frittata

This appetizer will make all your deep-fried dreams come true. Since everything is better fried, Olive Garden has amped up its classic lasagna recipe by breading it and deep-frying it. Pasta for every course in the meal? Sign us up!

8. Eggplant Parmigiana

A classic eggplant parmigiana is one of those dishes that makes you feel like you're eating at your Italian grandma's dinner table. The eggplant oozes with rich cheese and it pairs perfectly with the tart marinara sauce to balance it out. Truly, this is a dream for vegetarians and can satisfy any meat eater, too. 

7. Ravioli Carbonara

This new menu item offers a modern twist on your classic carbonara. If you're a cheese fan, you'll get your fill with this cheese-filled ravioli baked in a creamy sauce and topped off with crispy bacon and, of course, cheese. IMHO, one can never have "too much cheese."

6. Alfredo

One of Olive Garden's tastiest dishes is the classic fettuccine, Alfredo. However, I believe its best version is topped with shrimp or chicken. The freshness of the grilled protein of your choosing and the creamy Alfredo sauce makes for a wonderful bite.

5. Warm Italian Doughnuts 

The first sweet dish to make the list, these guys definitely belong. For those of you who never tried the Italian doughnuts, otherwise known as zeppoli, think of the Italian version of a beignet, but fluffier. It's a great dessert to share... or keep to yourself (I won't judge). Plus, you get an array of delicious dipping sauces, too!

4. Chocolate Brownie Lasagna

Sure, this recipe may not appear in a classic Italian cookbook, but trust us when we say Olive Garden's chocolate brownie lasagna is a dessert wonder. Layered rich brownie and cream cheese frosting with chocolate shavings on top is the ideal choice to finish out a meal. 

3. Tour of Italy

Are you indecisive? Order the Tour of Italy, which features three of Olive Garden's most popular dishes (chicken parmigiana, lasagna, and fettuccine Alfredo). It's the dish for you if you enjoy having a little bit of everything. 

2. Homemade Soups

You can't go wrong with any of Olive Garden's famous soups. From the creamy Zuppa Toscana and Chicken & Gnocchi offerings to the savory and herbaceous Pasta e Fagioli and Minestrone choices, you may just have to try all four. Of course, these pair perfectly with Olive Garden's breadsticks and salad. 

1. Lasagna Classico

At the top of the list is a classic Italian specialty, lasagna. Made with melty mozzarella, pecorino romano, and parmesan, as well as Olive Garden's succulent red meat sauce, you'll taste the love in every bit.

So now that you're hungry and have a list of the best Olive Garden has to offer, go out to your local storefront. It's worth the wait.