Camping is waiting for you "just around the river bend!" All Disney references aside, spring is here. This means the weather is warming up, allergies are acting up from the blooming flowers, and new fruits and vegetables are going to be in season.

So, gather your friends and camping essentials because this is the season for camping. It’s time to channel your inner Henry David Thoreau and have some one-on-one time with nature. Of course, snacks are the most important part of any excursion. Here are the 10 best foods to bring camping.

1. Dehydrated Foods

A personal favorite of mine is the Mountain House brand. They have a huge variety of meal kits available for any meal, and they will satisfy any hunger. A personal favorite of mine is their beef stroganoff. With dehydrated foods, you may think there wouldn't be any flavor, but they're surprisingly delicious. They're also easy to pack and require little cooking. They're especially good for those who are technically challenged in cooking.

2. Trail Mix, Nuts, and Bars

sweet, chocolate, candy, cereal
Sophie Pinton

An enjoyable camping snack to bring is trail mix. Something fun to do together with your group as you're preparing for the camping trip is to have a trail mix-making party. This snack is light to carry and easy to make. Bring it on your own trail while you're hiking. 

3. Instant Mac & Cheese and Cup Noodles

yogurt, milk
Kai Huang

During your time in college, hopefully you were able to develop some creative cooking skills. In the case of camping, you can use your dorm knowledge to make instant mac and cheese, Cup Noodles, or anything that only requires hot water.

Planning the menu for camping can be a challenge because you want to be able to cook certain foods, but there's only so much that you can cook. It’s okay to go simple, relive the college days, and embrace the simplicity of instant food.

#SpoonTip: If you feel like adding seasoning to your food, bring spices with you to add a bit of flavor.

4. Chili

sauce, meat, vegetable, chili
Taylor Treadway

If you have a secret family recipe to make some bomb-ass chili, BRING IT WITH YOU. If not, good ol’ Dennison’s has your back for eating chili while camping.

5. Beef Jerky and Dried Fruits

Tess Wei

Beef jerky is packed with protein and can satisfy your hunger. On top of that, it's easy to pack dry foods because you don’t have to worry about them spoiling, and there won’t be any messy prep, cooking, or cleanup. 

6. Instant Coffee Packets & Tea Bags

tea
Caitlin Wolper

If you're a one cup of coffee a day person, don’t forget to pack instant coffee packets. Instant coffee packets, tea bags, and powdered juices are easy to bring and make because you just pour them into your water. Voila! You have the drink of your choice. This minimizes trash, reduces the weight in your car, and you can reuse your camping cup or mug for your whole camping trip.

7. Sandwich-Making Materials

sweet, sandwich, meat, bread, ham
Sara Brown

Pack peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or any other ingredients to make a sandwich, because sandwiches are easy to make, and everyone can personalize them to their liking.

A fond camping memory I have from my Girl Scout days was making "sit upon" sandwiches. And yes, you did read that correctly. You make your sandwich with meat, cheese, and any other condiments you want, then you wrap it in clear plastic wrap and sit on it. It's something fun for you and your family, especially with little ones! 

8. S’mores Ingredients

peanut butter, sandwich, oatmeal, chocolate
Danielle Chen

Did you even go camping if you didn’t eat or make a s’more around a campfire?

9. Pre-Cut Frozen Fruit (Especially Watermelon & Grapes)

sweet, berry, blueberry

Just because you're camping doesn't mean you should forget about eating the essential food groups. These are perfect to snack on when the weather may be warm, and they're easy to prepare.

When you're packing and prepping your food essentials, freeze your cut fruit at least a day before leaving and pack them in a cooler with ice.

10. Bagels

sandwich, cream, cream cheese, cheese, bagel
Elizabeth Budd

Bagels are easy to pack for your camping trip and are versatile. You can cook them up, make them into a fancy breakfast sandwich, or smother them in cream cheese. They're also a good source of carbohydrates, which give you energy for those long hikes. 

There you have it! Now you have a list of the best food to bring camping. Whether you're camping or glamping, bring foods that will be easy to pack, minimize trash and cleanup, and most importantly, satisfy your hunger.