Google’s done it again. Yesterday the company let the world know that a really awesome new search feature, called Popular Times, is now available. It lets users know the busiest times for restaurants, stores and other businesses, so you don’t have to waste any more time waiting in line for that cup of coffee.

google

Phtoo courtesy of mashable.com

When you Google search a restaurant, the Popular Times also come up along with the business address, phone number and hours of operation.

The data is shown in a graph, based on people’s geolocations, and it lets you know how busy a store or restaurant is at any time on any given day. So some of the smaller businesses may not have Popular Times data because low traffic = not much data.

google

Gif courtesy of plus.google.com

On the bright side, when you search super popular places, like your gym, you’ll know the prime time to snag a treadmill. Now you’ll never have to be so close to other sweaty bodies or wait around for the machines, which we all hate oh so much. Unless you’re into working out with lots of other people. Do you, man.

You’ll also be able to check out how busy a trendy brunch spot is and know that hitting it up on a Tuesday morning might be the best time to get a table and good service.

google

Photo courtesy of westvillenyc.com

Google, you’re making our lives easier once again. Thanks for being you.

Side note: Popular Times doesn’t appear in Google Maps business listings quite yet, but it probably will be there super soon.