Spoon University is looking for a group of kickass summer remote editorial and photo interns who want to expand their audience and develop their personal brand and voice. By the end of this internship, you’ll not only have a stellar portfolio of articles and/or photos that highlight your best work, but you’ll also have worked extensively with a group of diverse students all across the world.
First and foremost, students applying for a remote internship position must be on a Spoon chapter and know the ins and outs of Spoon University. We’re looking for interns who have excellent time management skills, are killer copy editors, are forward-thinking, can set and meet personal deadlines, and can work independently as well as part of a group. Bonus points if you have a cat that you love sharing photos of.
This is a summer-long commitment and interns must be able to dedicate 15-20 hours per week to their work.
- Craft pitches for the Spoon network that will drive traffic to the site
- Write 3-5 articles per week
- Work with fellow interns to complete projects assigned by HQ
- Conduct research on various wellness and food topics
- Contribute to the stock photo library
- Work with editorial team to curate original images for their articles
- Edit original images as needed to meet Spoon photography standards
- Opportunity to work with a fast-growing startup and gain real life editorial experience
- One-on-one calls and training with Spoon University HQ editors
- Resume experience and letters of recommendation
- Create a portfolio of your articles and/or photos for future use
To get an application or inquire about the position, email Claire Waggoner at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Remote Internship Application Request” in the subject line.