Spoon University is taking off on a rapid trajectory and we are hiring our first director of operations! We’re looking for a passionate problem solver, organizational guru, and a people developer who is looking to have a major impact and senior leadership role at a fast growing, high potential company. The director of operations will work closely with founders to help us scale rapidly in 2016 and beyond.
Primary responsibilities include identifying and mentoring high-potential leadership talent on the team by focusing on employee engagement, retention, and performance across all levels, streamlining communication within and across departments, and working with founders on strategic planning for growth.
- Develop measurable KPIs for all departments and relay success quickly and clearly to founders, reporting on progress weekly, monthly and ad-hoc
- Support and facilitate management/executive meetings, including weekly meetings, board meetings, and quarterly reviews
- Establish processes and protocols for employees, including comp plans, promotion structures, contract negotiations, new hire onboarding, measures of success, performance reviews, and long term organizational planning
- Run point on strategic planning and monthly financial planning activities, developing programs that balance cost-savings with efficiency
- Work with CEO to evaluate and model BD opportunities.
- Manage relationships with third party vendors and services, including legal, accounting, payroll, insurance, etc.
- Help sustain a positive, entrepreneurial, and high-performing company culture
We’re looking for people with the following:
- 5-10 years experience in an operations or management role
- Ability to translate high level business goals into actionable objectives and KPIs for employees
- Proven ability to build strong communication channels across teams, lead and manage people through change and growth, and develop and manage a diverse workforce
- Track record of success working in a fast-paced, loosely structured environment which requires a hands-on work ethic
- Experience with evaluating and recommending organizational/department structural changes to improve workflows, efficiencies, productivity, etc.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets
- Loved and respected by everyone you’ve worked with
If you’re ready to dive in, send a resume to email@example.com and tell us why you’re the best person for the job.