The Spoon University community is made up of a network of thousands of contributors across 170 college campuses, joining forces to create amazing work together, learn from their peers and inspire their generation to eat more intelligently.
We’re looking for a rockstar audience development editor to identify and unlock new opportunities that can grow audiences.
Ideal candidates are excellent at writing and editing and making decisions firmly grounded in data. This person is bullish on hitting traffic goals and will put in the work to ensure we’re constantly maintaining our existing relationships and fostering new ones.
The Audience Development Editor will be in charge of researching new media partners, maintaining relationships and content calendars and analyzing performance, while always being on the hunt for new ways to distribute content.
This person may also be responsible for special editorial projects as they come, so they must have a passion and talent for writing.
- Develop relationships with existing content, social media and syndication partners
- Develop and maintain weekly partnerships calendar and reporting doc
- Curate and build out content for partnerships (social media and editorial) on a weekly basis
- Analyze performance across channels and report weekly
- Maintain an updated list of target media partnerships in a variety of health/wellness/food verticals
- Convert readers into email subscribers; work with managing editor on optimizing daily newsletter
- Take on special editorial projects as they come with a focus on evergreen content and well-researched ebooks or roundups
- Work with audience development manager to create SEO editorial calendar and manage team of contributors to create search-optimized timely and evergreen content
- Identify new areas for social, editorial and video to grow reach across platforms
- 2-4 years experience in an editorial role, marketing and partnerships background is a plus
- Extremely data-driven and tactical
- Superb writing and communication skills (experience in media/editorial fields is a huge plus)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and adapt to a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm about Spoon, our content, and our mission
This job is located in Manhattan and we’re looking to fill the role immediately. If you’re up for the challenge, send your resume to email@example.com and tell us why we should hire you. We’ll get back to you if we think it’s a good fit.