Returning board members need no light shed about the usual procedure of the Budget GA. If you're a first year reading this, here's a very quick breakdown: walk in, defend budget, vote on other budgets, wait for pizza - but we're going to have to scrap that last one.

If you haven't heard by now, you may be aware that the usual free pizza won't be provided. Before you groan at the thought, consider where else your money may be going (aka the committees). AUCSA will still have some small snacks, but it's always good to pack something to ensure a filling dinner. Here are some ideas that will help you stay full, alert, and avoid making decisions on a hangry stomach, because no one wants that. 

1. Carrots and hummus - Petra

A photo posted by Wouter (@weareglutenfree) on

You can't ever go wrong with hummus. Satisfying, filling, and practical for any occasion, especially for the Budget GA.

2. Tortilla wraps 

bread, vegetable, cheese, lettuce, sandwich, ham, salmon
Spoon University

Check out these easy recipes for when you're on-the-go. They'll only take 5-10 minutes to make, and will ultimately save you from starving during the GA.

3. Popcorn with chopsticks - Lance

popcorn, corn, caramel, cereal, kettle corn, butter, sweet, salt
Chelsea Hawk

The ultimate hack to avoid greasy fingers when typing notes. Lance has it right. 

4. Overnight Oats + Chia Pudding

Maggie Harriman

Make it the night before and all you'll be needing to do the next day is open your fridge, grab it and go. It's that simple.

5. Biscuits and tea - Andy

Our fellow treasurer, staying true to his roots. 

6. Spar Pizza 

Admit it, most of you are probably going to opt for this one. 

7. Leftover food from home - Gordon 

vegetable, rice, meat, chicken, pepper, corn, parsley
Spoon University

Here are a few tips to make something really tasty from your leftovers. Just chuck that in a tupperware and you'll be good to go. 

8. Baguette with cheese and hummus

wine, cheese, bread
Savannah Carter

And maybe throw in a Spar wine while you're at it for that extra French classiness.

9. Kipsalon - Ilen

A photo posted by Conchita (@conchita_1986) on

We're not objecting to that. 

10. PB & J Sandwiches

A staple in any kid's lunchbox (at least in North America). That should be enough said about the simplicity and deliciousness of this sandwich combo. Looking for a fancy twist? Check this out.

11. Maslow Brunch - Lasse

chocolate, cake
Diana Ghidanac

Yes, Maslow does take out, and yes, you can take out their brunch menu on the weekday! If there's any time and place to take advantage of this it's the Budget GA. Don't miss it next Monday, October 24th!