If you have yet to hear about the sous vide method of cooking, then by God you have come to the right place. The term sous vide is French for “under vacuum” and is the contemporary new style of cooking that has recently taken the culinary world by storm. It’s all over Insta, Facebook, and pretty much every other social media site that is worth looking at.
The process of making a steak sous vide is simple, with the right tools of course. Seen below is the Anova Sous Vide cooker, which is the main device needed to make the magic happen. From there, the fun stuff starts.
How does a chef make a perfect sous vide steak?
- Set the cooker to a 130°F
- Season that steak up nice and lather thoroughly. Just salt and pepper is needed. (If you are really feeling crazy, add a little garlic powder or whatever your heart desires.)
- Toss that baby in a vacuum seal bag with some olive oil or butter, which is something to make it that much better.
- Set the timer for two hours (this is for a medium rare steak, which anyone who is reading this article hopefully knows is the right way to cook it), and the wait begins.
- Finally, pop that piece of meat on either a pan or your grill and cook until there is a good char on the steak. In this step, I would suggest to melt some butter and lather it on it before serving. You may have a #steakgasm afterwards.
This method will lead you to great success in and outside of the kitchen.
Nowadays, more restaurants are starting to use the method. Surprisingly, not a lot of people know about it. While doing this at home may be expensive, to achieve perfectly cooked meat and impress whoever you’re cooking for, this is the way to do it. It’s safe to say that sous vide in general is up and coming and will keep on becoming popular.
To give you a lasting image of the success of sous vide, here is some #foodporn to leave you with.