As a study abroad student, I am used to cramming as many activities as possible during my brief weekend trips. However, my past weekend spent in London proved to be especially difficult when deciding which places to eat in such a limited time.

London has an abundance of food options, from traditional English pub fare to exotic international cuisine. Through a combination of my own experience and other recommendations, I decided to compile a guide for a three-day food tour through London.

Day 1

Breakfast: Cereal Killer Cafe

A photo posted by @cerealkillercafe on

What better way to start off your weekend in London than feeling like a kid again? Cereal Killer Cafe has an overwhelming number of cereal options to choose from, including both British and American cereals (for those of you feeling homesick).

You then have the option to choose from a huge selection of toppings and flavored milks. If all of this sounds like too much to handle, the menu has their own list of tried and true combinations.

Lunch: Muriel's Kitchen

Although typically known for its brunch, Muriel's has a fantastic lunch menu that includes sandwiches, salads, burgers, and more. The baked goods here are also to die for, so be sure to grab a slice of their famous carrot cake on your way out.

Dinner: Busaba Eathai

A photo posted by Busaba Eathai (@busabaeathai) on

With its communal tables and buzzing atmosphere, Busaba is the perfect spot for dinner and drinks. If you're feeling adventurous and want to move away from your usual order of Pad Thai, try the chicken and butternut squash stir-fry for a seriously life changing experience.

Day 2

Breakfast: Detox Kitchen

In an attempt to cleanse yourself after spending your first day eating through London, head to Detox Kitchen for a healthy breakfast. Depending on your plans for the day, you can either eat in or take food to go. Either way, be sure to grab one of their juices for an afternoon snack later.

Lunch: Portobello Road Street Food

A photo posted by Mia Furulund (@mialund) on

Although Portobello Road is mostly known for its shopping, the end of the street features an incredible outdoor food market. With food stands ranging from gyros to pierogis, the market has plenty of options. My personal favorite was the gourmet grilled cheese with bacon, caramelized onion chutney, and arugula.

Dinner: Wahaca

A photo posted by Wahaca (@wahaca) on

With several locations across London, Wahaca has perfected Mexican street food. You have the option to order regular-sized entrees or several small plates, but you won't go wrong either way. 

#SpoonTip: Be sure to order a flavored margarita; the hibiscus and passion fruit flavors will complete your meal.

Day 3

Brunch: The Table Café

A photo posted by thetablecafe (@thetablecafe) on

For a traditional English brunch, head to the south bank to try Table Café's phenomenal menu. Whether you're craving savory eggs or sweet pancakes, this phenomenal restaurant offers traditional British fare for the perfect Sunday morning brunch.

Afternoon Tea: Cafe in the Crypt 

A photo posted by Kazi YuanYuan (@kazi0201) on

Although not as popular as Sketch for afternoon tea, this hidden gem offers one of the best teas in London. Located in the catacombs of St. Martin-in-the-Fields Church on Trafalgar Square, this spot should definitely be on your bucket list. 

Be sure to order a scone with their homemade clotted cream and strawberry jam for arguably the best afternoon tea experience in London.

Dinner: Dishoom

In a city known for its Indian food, this restaurant puts a new twist on traditional Indian cuisine. The open and modern interior lends for the perfect dinner atmosphere on your last night in London.

Although three days in London will hardly do the city justice, this food tour gives you a taste of the best that the city has to offer in all of its culinary glory. Despite the limited amount of time, rest assured that you'll be back soon for more.