Although many people would love to give back, it's often difficult for college students or working adults to donate their time in a way that will make a meaningful difference. For food lovers, buying food that both appeals to our taste buds and our desire to give back is a win-win situation.

Fortunately, there are a variety of companies dedicated to supporting charitable causes by selling food products and donating the profits. As consumers, we can use our purchasing power to inspire global change. With these many products, we can each make a difference and support a good cause, one bite at a time.

1. Good Spread

Good Spread Peanut Butter has set out on a mission to cure malnutrition by administering therapeutic food packets to malnourished children across the globe. A portion of their profits is spent on donating a peanut butter-based treatment called Mana to children in need. By buying a jar of their all-natural peanut butter, you’ll be contributing to the battle against childhood malnutrition by ensuring a child in need receives a Mana packet.

2. Project 7

In an effort to pursue both entrepreneurship and meaningful world change, Tyler Merrick created Project 7. Offering unique flavors of gum and gummies such as Birthday Cake gum and Champagne Dreams gummies, Project 7 should not be glanced over when waiting on the grocery checkout line.

More importantly, the company is devoted to inspiring change with seven main goals: “Feeding the hungry, healing the sick, supporting those who hope for peace, housing the homeless, quenching those who thirst, teaching them well, and saving the Earth.”

3. This Bar Saves Lives

The name of this product says it all. The company’s mission is simple: for every bar purchased, a packet of food is sent to children who need it most. Pick up one of these bars the next time you’re on a grocery run; not only will it taste good, but you’ll be doing good for those in need.

4. Newman's Own

In 1982, Paul Newman’s vision was to create a quality food and beverage company dedicated to philanthropy. Promising that 100% of the profits would go to charity, the company has donated over $485 million to various charities since 1982. From snacks to salad dressings, Newman’s offers a wide range of products to give all consumers a chance at making a change.

5. Endangered Species Chocolate

The endangerment of many species has become an increasingly alarming issue in the 21st century. A company passionate about this issue, Endangered Species Chocolate donates 10% of their net profits to various endangered species foundations. Their dark chocolate barks and chocolate spreads are hard to beat, especially because of their contribution to global change.

6. Askinosie Chocolate

Purchasing an Askinosie Chocolate bar means you’ll be feeding a school lunch to a malnourished child in the Philippines. Furthermore, the company has created “Chocolate University,” a program inspiring underprivileged students to think about business and sustainability in new ways through experiential learning. Without a doubt, you’ll be making a meaningful impact when you decide to purchase an Askinosie product.

7. Annie's Homegrown

Although most of us know Annie’s Homegrown for their mouth-watering mac and cheese, they actually have much more to them. They support a variety of programs, including FoodCorps, Grants for Gardens, and agricultural scholarships. FoodCorps is an educational program for children, developing their interests in healthy and sustainable food options. Similarly, Grants for Gardens makes gardens available to hundreds of young students throughout the United States.

8. DAVIDsTEA

David's “Me to We Tea” donates two weeks of clean water to a Kenyan community with every 50g purchase. The blend combines fruity flavors of pineapple, cranberry, and hibiscus for the quintessential cup of tea.

9. Grounds & Hounds

With the motto “Every Pound Saves a Hound,” Grounds & Hounds has devoted 20% of their proceeds to various no-kill rescue organizations in the United States. Their mission of giving dogs a second chance between homes is made possible when you purchase one of their many coffee blends.

10. Love With Food

When subscribing to Love With Food, not only are you receiving a monthly box of “better-for-you” snacks right at your doorstep, but you’ll be helping in the battle against domestic childhood hunger. Partnered with organizations such as Feeding America and the Global Food Banking Network, Love With Food donates a meal to hungry children for every box you order.