It's the middle of a long week, and it's time to have yet another meal at the Noble Family Dining Hall, infamous for being one of three places on SMC's entire campus to get food (yes, we know how crazy that sounds, and yes, it does drive us all nuts). Sick of the bland, saltless choices that are offered to you every day? Look no further and try this new twist on the noodles you know and love. Follow these four simple steps to spice up your pasta – I promise your tastebuds will thank you.  

Step 1: Get a bowl of pasta

sauce, basil, pasta, spaghetti
Stefanie Dyga

Grab a large bowl from the stir-fry station and load up on pasta. Sometimes bistro has other kinds, too, like bow tie or egg noodles. Even orzo would be suitable for this dish.

Step 2: Hit up the seasonings and toppings bar

beer, oil
Stefanie Dyga

Ooh, yes. This is our favorite part. Start by adding olive oil and mixing it in with the noodles. Sprinkle a generous amount of six pepper blend seasoning (this stuff is highly underrated), crushed red pepper, and parmesan cheese on top. 

pesto, basil, sauce, pasta, spaghetti
Stefanie Dyga

Step 3: Grab some chicken from the grill

pasta, lemon, fettuccine, sauce, linguine, chicken, garlic
Stefanie Dyga

Grab a piece of grilled chicken (or two if you want some extra protein), cut it up into bite-sized pieces, and spread across the top.

Step 4: Combine fresh mushrooms and butter on a separate plate

sauce, mushroom, cream
Stefanie Dyga

Grab some mushrooms from the salad bar and a sizable amount of butter (by the toaster, next to the left soda machine). Microwave for about 40 seconds, or until all of the butter is melted.

linguine, seafood, sauce, pasta, spaghetti
Meg Brownley

Pour the mushrooms and butter on top, and you're all set to go! Throw a bit more oil and red pepper on if you're feeling it, and treat yourself to that little something extra this week. Exams have got nothing on you.