Vegans, rejoice! Lent-bacon-giver-uppers, sing to the heavens. I bring to you the meat-flavored apple of your eye, the key to carnivorous taste bud heaven, and, most importantly, the “how to” for being guiltlessly unfaithful to your self-imposed dietary restrictions. No need to pretend that you aren’t glaring with envy over at the side of bacon that just landed on the table next to you.

I present, Magic Vegan Bacon Grease.

It seemed to be the one missing staple in any vegan’s diet who wanted to pretend he or she wasn’t actually a vegan. Yes, I’m talking to those of you who buy chik’n patties, turk’y cutlets, meatless meatballs, beefless tips and golden fishless filets like PETA’s mission depends on it. I guess Peeta Mellark‘s too if you really want to go there…he’s a carbivore living off of mom and dad’s bakery scraps, so certainly none of Katniss’s woodland creature-victims on his dinner plate.

vegan

Photo by Andrew Zaky

The best part, however, isn’t even the fact that it tastes just like bacon grease instead of some bac’n grease spinoff; it’s the ingredient list. Unlike most meat-imitation products with laundry lists of unpronounceable add-ins, Magic Vegan Bacon Grease has less than 10 ingredients, and you probably have most of them in your kitchen at this very moment. They include: coconut oil, non-GMO soy protein, sea salt, pure maple syrup, black pepper, onion, garlic, Torula yeast and natural smoke flavor.

vegan

Photo by Andrew Zaky

So grab your (vegan) leather wallet and buy your own Magic Vegan Bacon Grease here to substitute into these mouthwatering recipes.

Buttermilk Bacon Grease Southern Cornbread

vegan

Photo courtesy of localmilkblog.com/

*Note: I make vegan buttermilk with almond milk, but vegan substitutes can be made with almost any non-dairy milk of your choice

Lemon Basil Bacon Fat Vinaigrette

vegan

Photo courtesy of stupideasypaleo.com/

Brownies with a Twist

vegan

Photo courtesy of sheeats.ca/

You may also be interested in: