It’s a Sunday (or a Monday, or a Tuesday…), you wake up and you want something Sabrina’s worthy but your pajamas are way too comfy and you know you’re not actually going to leave the house. If you want something quick yet yummy that you can eat while watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix, this is my solution: frozen waffles topped with tonsss of fruit.

Lazy Gourmet Waffles

Photo by Dina Zaret

The base: Opt for super healthy yet still delectable whole grain frozen waffles like these. This brand’s serving (2 waffles) is only 150 calories (or 4 weight watcher points, so basically these work for whatever possible diet you’re on–except paleo, sorry paleo).

The toppings: Fruit on fruit. I played it safe and started out by completely covering both waffles with bananas. I then added blackberries on top of one and a blueberry raspberry combo on the other. Expert advice: put the fruits on before the waffles go in the oven, so they start to cook and sweeten.

Lazy Gourmet Waffles

Photo by Dina Zaret

The result: Incredible. Delightful. Colorful. Yum. All types of fruit were delicious, but the blueberries definitely win. I also recommend adding some peanut or almond butter next time to take these to the next level.