Nothing tastes better than an authentic wood-fired pizza. Yeah sure, the odd drunk frozen pizza can be the best few bites you’ve ever had but sober you knows which one is better. Thankfully, this grilling hack can amp up your next meal and save you money from the fancy pizzerias. And as a bonus, using a grill is even quicker than the oven.

Get started

grill

Photo by Aly Sebold

To start, all you have to do is fire up the grill to a medium heat, roll out your dough, and prep your ingredients like you would any other pizza.

Prep your crust

grill

Photo by Jasmine Tang

Brush a little bit of oil on the grill and toss on the rolled dough (no toppings) onto the grill for 3-4 minutes. Once it’s crisped up, take it off with the grilled side up.

Add your toppings

grill

Photo by Emma Danbury

Dress up your pizza the way you like it. Go for the classic pepperoni and cheese or try a new combo like fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, caramelized onions and some roasted veg.

Finish it up

grill

Photo by Emily Hu

Turn down the heat and toss the dressed pizza back on the grill. Wait for the cheese to melt and the bottom to crisp and BOOM, you’re done. A tasty, authentic, wood-fired pizza in under 15 minutes.