That annoying step some recipes make you go through? Here’s how to conquer it once and for all. Trust us, it’s so much easier than you think!
1. Crack the egg on a hard, clean surface.
2. Break the shell in half over one bowl, making sure the yolk stays in one of the halves.
3. Slide the yolk from one half of the shell to the other, letting the whites drain into the bowl below.
4. Make sure not to break the yolk.
5. Once all the whites have drained, you have separated the egg and it is ready for the recipe.
Video by Mary McGrath