Eggs: good when they're good, horrible when they're not. Poached eggs are probably the hardest to make, never mind make well. But, never fear my friends. I am here to help. This method to make perfect poached eggs is super easy and quick, and I promise you anyone can learn how to make a poached egg like the pros in no time. 

#SpoonTip: If you don't have an oven, you can also make poached eggs in the microwave. 

Perfect Poached Eggs

• 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
  • Salt
  • Pepper
dairy product, butter, fried egg, yolk, egg yolk, egg
Madelyn B Bucher

Fill a small pot 3/4 of the way full with water and put over medium heat.

espresso, tea, coffee
    Madelyn B Bucher

Add about 1 1/2 teaspoons of white vinegar to the heating water. The vinegar helps with the cohesion of the egg whites.

tea, beer, coffee
    Madelyn B Bucher

Bring the water and vinegar to a steam or low boil.

espresso, tea, coffee
    Madelyn B Bucher

Stir your water with a spoon until it whirls around on its own. Once it's going, crack your egg directly into the water and get back to stirring. Stir quickly in big circles around the pot. This will help the egg to stay in one piece.

chicken, soup
    Madelyn B Bucher

Wait it out. Once the egg is opaque, wait 2 minutes for soft poached, 3 minutes for medium, and 4 minutes for hard poached. Keep in mind that the temperature of the water will affect cooking time. Once your egg is done, take a slotted spoon and lift your egg out of the water.

milk, cream

Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.

egg
    Madelyn B Bucher

Figuring out how to make a poached egg can be intimidating, but with a little practice and a few eggs anyone can learn how to make them.