If you’re reading this right now, chances are you clicked on this story for one of the following reasons: ‘BBQ,’ ‘Stout,’ ‘Chili,’ ‘Summer,’ or ‘Burger.’ Or, maybe it was all of the above, and if that’s the case, you seem like you have great taste and we should grab coffee sometime. Or, better yet, let’s GRILL.

We’re currently in the midst of grilling season—deep enough into spring that we’ve escaped any trace of winter, but have yet to anticipate the summer’s cruel heat. Thus, it’s the prime (rib) time to get outdoors and crank up the heat on the ol’ barbz! Trust us—there’s nothing like a burger that’s been cooked on your own damn grill.

Albeit, you don’t even need to be outdoors to join in on the fiery fun (we got you, Netflix fans). Cook inside if you must, just don’t forget about seasonin’ and saucin’—and ’tis the season for Stubb’s.

Trust us on that too, if you haven’t already been acquainted with the magic that is Stubb’s Legendary Bar-B-Q. The company originated from just one sauce born in a U.S. Army mess hall that would inspire the opening of a full Stubb’s BBQ restaurant in Texas, and ultimately, the on- point collection of sauces, rubs, and marinades Stubb’s sells to this day.

Think it’s safe to say they know what’s up when it comes to saucin’. Your new favorite burger recipe is right here:

Stubb’s BBQ Stout Chili Summer Burger

unnamed

Serves 2

1 bottle Stubb’s Original Bar-B-Q Sauce

16 oz stout beer

1 8-oz can premade chili

7 oz ground beef

1 can cooking spray

1 slice sharp cheddar

3 oz Russian Dressing

3 leaves butter lettuce

2 grilled onion slices

3 sliced pickles

Whole wheat hamburger bun

Salt and pepper, to taste

Stout Chili: Take 2 Cups stout beer; reduce in sauce pan by half. Add canned chili into

reduction. Season salt and pepper to taste.

Tomato Relish:

2 tomatoes

2 red bell peppers

½ white onion

2 cloves garlic

3 tbsp red wine vinegar

2 tbsp sugar

1 tbsp dried oregano

1 tsp crushed red pepper

1 tbsp vegetable oil

Tomato relish:

Add vegetable oil to pan on medium heat, add onion (fine-diced) and sauté till translucent. Add bell pepper and minced garlic until fragrant; add oregano, crushed red pepper and fine-diced tomato. Deglaze with red wine vinegar, and add sugar; heat on low until soft.

1. Spray a 2” ramekin with cooking spray, then pour in stout chili. Freeze until solid.

2. Wrap ground beef around frozen chili puck, making a stuffed burger patty. Mix Stubb’s into ground beef, if desired.

3. Season with salt and pepper and cook for five minutes on each side, on medium temperature (tent with bowl and steam with water for faster results).

4. Generously add Stubb’s Original Bar-B- Q Sauce to patty.

5. Place 1 slice of Sharp cheddar on top of burger and tent with bowl to melt.

6. Layer Russian dressing, butter lettuce, cooked beef patty, sliced grilled onions, sliced pickles, tomato relish, and top wheat bun, respectively, on top of bottom wheat bun. (Add an extra dollop of Stubb’s Original if desired).

7. Place top bun on top of the bottom to complete burger.

unnamed-1

Created in partnership with Stubb’s Bar-B-Q Sauce