If you're anything like me, you're a major procrastinator and tend to only leave a few days to cram a project or essay, or start studying for a major exam. You've probably downed one too many caffeinated beverages on multiple occasions and ended up with jitters and a million other nervous habits that come with a caffeine high. Luckily, there are many natural remedies that won't slow you down.

1. Water

This may seem simple but it’s funny how often water is overlooked. Caffeine is a diuretic, meaning it flushes water from your system. Replenishing constantly is important to keep the effects of caffeine to a minimum when you drink too much coffee. If regular water is too bland, there are many ways you can spice it up!

2. Eat Food

Too much coffee and not enough food will actually slow you down. Our bodies (and our noggins) need nutrients to function well, so be sure to grab some food on the way out the door. Bananas, clementines and apples are easy to grab and eat on-the-go. You can also opt for a salad, or even just eat an English cucumber or a bell pepper. They are high in water content and will make you feel refreshed. For more ideas, check out this article for some quick snack ideas.

3. Drink Herbal Tea

vegetable, tea, herb
Clark Halpern

When you've had too much coffee, decaffeinated herbal teas, such as chamomile, rooibos and hibiscus taste awesome and will leave you hydrated and feeling calm and energized. Here's a guide to different types of tea. Just make sure you don't choose a caffeinated tea!

4. Exercise

If you have downed enough caffeine to keep you up for five days, chances are you don't have time to hit the gym, but that doesn't mean you can't get a little work out in. Walking briskly to your destinations and using stairs instead of the elevator en route will allow your body to use up some excess caffeine while still feeling alert.

5. Meditate

If you’re feeling jittery and nervous, take a minute to close your eyes and take a deep breath and count to ten. Then look around and realize everyone is on the struggle bus together. So just relax. With a clear mind, you'll be able to focus better and be more productive.