Hungry for some free meals? They say there is no such thing as a free lunch. Well, I’m here to tell you that “they” are very wrong. Don’t believe me? Keep reading.

1. Zingerman’s Deli

Can’t afford those costly Zingerman’s sandwiches? Pretend like you can and get in line to order. By the time you reach the register, you’ll be so full on free samples you won’t even be tempted to splurge $17.50 on their world famous reuben.

2. Circus Bar & Billiards

Headed to the movies and don’t want to spend the steep price of $8.50 on a bucket of popcorn? Stop by the Circus Bar & Billiards on your way to the theatre. Instead of nut and pretzel bowls, the Circus hands out free, perfectly buttered bags of popcorn. Perfect movie snack? Check.

3. Amer’s

Frozen yogurt is the way to my heart. If I had to choose only one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would most definitely be frozen yogurt. Like all addictions, the cost eventually begins to add up. Luckily, I discovered my favorite fro-yo shop, Amer’s, leaves testers by the frozen yogurt machine. So, stock up on samples, and you’ll never have to pay the $4.99 for dessert again.

4. The Diag

free

Photo by Kevin Lavery

Between Kind, Insomnia Cookies and Spoon Ambassadors, on a busy school day, all you have to do is walk through the Diag to get a free snack before class. Munching on a Dark Chocolate and Coconut bar definitely helps Econ 101 go by faster, am I right?

5. Cherry Republic

Always hungry for something sweet after dinner? Same. There’s something about the thought of chocolate that leaves even the most satisfying of meals feel incomplete. So, if you’ve spent the majority of your paycheck on dinner and your dessert stomach is famished, take a walk to Cherry Republic on Main Street – because we all have a little Augustus Gloop in us.

6. Plum Market

Like all overpriced grocery stores, Plum Market offers a myriad of samples to try and suck you into buying food you don’t need. If you’re hungry for lunch, but don’t want to spend any money, leave your wallet at home and take a stroll through the store. One loop around Plum, and you’ll definitely fill up on gourmet fruits, vegetables and various snacks.