There's no better time to do a pub crawl then on St. Patrick’s Day in my opinion. March 17 is a Friday this year and pub-crawls can be tons of fun. The pubs listed below all have their own St. Patrick’s Day celebration twists to make your pub crawl experience as unique as possible. Don’t forget to sport your green attire and remember to drink responsibly...

Whether Irish or Irish-at-heart, here’s an outline of the ultimate pub crawl to do in Montréal - which by the way, can be done anytime of course, not just on St. Patrick's Day. The pubs are located in close proximity to each other in downtown Montréal, along the Streets of Crescent and Bishop. Crescent Street is a great place to be on St. Patrick’s Day. The street becomes lined with green bling and tons of spirited people ready to party.

Dedicate at least 45 minutes to each pub but you will definitely end up wanting to stay a lot longer. All the pubs listed below are sure to make your St-Patty’s day experience a hoot. 

The Pubs

1. Brass Door Pub

2171 Rue Crescent

Must Try: Chicken wings 

Begin your crawl at the Brass Door Pub, which is located at the top of Crescent Street near Sherbrooke. This pub has a strong fan base that rave about its atmosphere and affordable yet delicious food and drinks. Their chicken wings are to die for! The aesthetics are Instagram-worthy with rocking chairs and a lively bar. On St. Patrick’s Day the bar gets very festive, staff included, so make sure to bring your spirit.

2. London Pub

2015 Rue Crescent

Must Try: Green Beer

Your next stop - London Pub, is just steps away from the Brass Door Pub. This pub has massive windows providing a lovely view of Crescent Street, perfect for those photography buffs. It’s small but quaint and definitely has a great vibe. Although the pub is not Irish, it still dives into the St. Patrick’s Day festivities, making it a great place to party on the big day. The pub offers cheap drinks and tasty eats on the holiday, be prepared to get lit

3. Sir Winston Churchill Pub

1459 Rue Crescent

Must Try: Green Beer, Jambalaya and Beer Battered Fries

Down the street from London Pub is another gem, Sir Winston Churchill Pub. It’s a lively pub popular for its excellent service and vibrant atmosphere. With great beer and live music, this large pub is perfect for people looking to have a good time on St-Patty’s or any other day really. The pub celebrates with lots of green beer and decor. Plus, two for one drinks during happy hour. Are you excited yet?

4. Hurley’s Irish Pub

1255 Rue Crescent

Must Try: Onion rings and Original Hurley Platter

Hurley’s Irish Pub is a short walk down Crescent Street past Saint Catherine. It is the perfect St. Patrick's Day spot with its authentic Irish feel, filled with die-hard St- Patty’s Day lovers. The food is mouth-watering and affordable. To all the burger lovers out there; the Original Hurley Platter is to die for! Be prepared for awesome vibes with live music and twenty-four beers on tap. You won’t want to leave this bar.

5. Irish Embassy

1234 Rue Bishop

Must Try: Pulled Pork Sandwich

The Irish Embassy is considered by many locals to be the best Irish pub in Montréal. From the name alone you can tell that this is going to be a go-to spot on St-Patty’s and you’re right. On the big day, people spend hours sitting on the patio celebrating with good grub, green get-up and of course, tons of alcohol. Fans rave about its live music performances and outdoor terrace, Be prepared— on St. Patrick's Day it gets insanely crowded and you may have to hunt for a seat.

6. McKibbin’s Irish Pub

1426 Rue Bishop

Must Try: Fish and Chips, Chocolate Chip Cookie Shots, and the Carbomb

The last stop on your pub crawl is McKibbin’s Irish Pub. Be prepared to party like the Irish at this one! This is a favourite by many and just a short walk up the street from the Irish Embassy Pub. If you're not crawling by now, you are truly hard-core.

This pub is always packed on St-Patty’s and for good reason. They party with live music, cheap drinks, great food and as much green as possible - Could it get any better than that? You can also end your St-Patty’s Day with a bang. If you are feeling up to it, you can participate in their Carbomb competition, in which participants race against each other to see who can drink a car bomb the fastest. 

Don't let the snow get you down and don't forget that one green item you have because St-Patty's only happens once a year. Get out there and chug some green beer!