For $2.75, you can buy yourself a cupful of grapes, red or green from the gallery in Frist, and you can even get both within the late-meal budget. But don’t feel compelled eat them right away. You don’t have to eat them within the day, or even within the week. Put the whole plastic cup in the freezer and freeze the grapes for a light and refreshing snack that you can eat at anytime or save for later.

Frozen Grapes

Photo by Lisa Gong

Frozen grapes are perfect for late night snacking because they’re light and won’t make you feel stuffed before going to bed. They’re also fantastic for late nights because they’ll keep you awake. They have to melt in your mouth a little before you can safely bite into them without risking brain freeze, giving you a healthy alternative to satisfy your hunger while keeping you focused.

In addition, frozen grapes make the best “ice cubes” for white wine that hasn’t been chilled. By popping a few frozen green grapes in your glass, you’ll cool off the wine without watering it down. You’ll maintain the flavor of the wine, and give yourself a sweet snack at the end of your glass. Plus, you can always let them thaw and eat them as normal grapes a little while later!

Frozen Grapes

Photo by Lisa Gong