Sweet potatoes are a powerhouse of nutrients. They’re full of vitamins such as B5, B6, thiamin, niacin and riboflavin and are regarded as one of the best sources of vitamin A. They also contain iron and magnesium, which have both been proven to help reduce stress, so you can feel good about this fat-free snack or side dish.
How to cut a sweet potato for fries:
1. Peel the sweet potato.
2. Boil potato for about 10 minutes until it can be easily pierced.
3. Cut off ends.
4. Cut in half.
5. Slice through potato at ½-inch intervals.
6. Stack slices and cut into matchsticks.
Sweet Potato Fries with Rosemary and Parmesan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Line two baking sheets with foil and coat with cooking spray.
3. Slice sweet potatoes into long matchsticks about ½-inch in thickness.
4. Toss with olive oil and salt.
5. Spread fries in even layer on sheet. To prevent sogginess, make sure they aren’t touching.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until fries are golden and crispy on outside and soft on inside.
7. Sprinkle with Parmesan, rosemary, black pepper and paprika. Bake an additional 5 minutes until rosemary becomes fragrant.
8. Season with salt to taste.