Ever sit down to eat a sandwich and think to yourself, “wow, this would taste a thousand times better if it was in the shape of a dinosaur?” Me either. But apparently someone does because there’s a food gadget for that. There is pretty much a gadget for everything you could imagine and then some. Admittedly some “unitaskers,” as Alton Brown so lovingly calls them, are pretty useful but others are true head scratchers. Thus, for everyone’s entertainment (including my own) I’ve found the most absurd food gadgets that somehow actually exist, meaning someone somewhere must be buying these.

1. The Rollie Eggmaster

egg

Photo Courtesy of adamachis’ Flickr.com

Some foods are destined to be eaten in stick form (i.e. corndogs and popsicles) but these are very few and far between, which brings us to the Rollie. The Rollie will turn your breakfast omelet into a popsicle, because who doesn’t want to be walking around eating phallic looking eggs on a stick? Seriously people, I am all about finding new ways to cook eggs, but cracking them into a machine that cooks them into a cylinder…maybe not so much.

2. The Fox Run Pickle Picker

amazon.com" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2015/02/resize-pickle.jpg" alt="egg" width="640" height="428" />

Photo Courtesy of amazon.com

Finally a kitchen utensil that you can use to pick out exactly the pickle you want without getting pickle juice all over your hands! Oh, wait… isn’t that called a fork? Yup, someone pretty much reinvented a fork you’re only allowed to use for pickles.

3. A Hot Dog Shaped Hamburger Mold

egg

Photo Courtesy of fancy.com

There’s a reason there are hot dog people in this world and then there are hamburger people, but I promise disguising a hamburger as a hot dog isn’t going to change anyone’s mind. And again, what the heck is up with forcing foods into a tube shape?

4. An Automatic Egg Cracker

amazon.com" src="https://spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/31/2015/02/resize-egg-grack.jpg" alt="egg" width="640" height="428" />

Photo Courtesy of amazon.com

Apparently, everyone is having a bit of trouble in the egg cooking and cracking department so it’s a good thing these egg products are here to save the day. This one is perfect for those days when you just can’t seem to muster up the strength to crack your eggs manually.

More food gizmos over here: